In this guide, I will show you how to Download and Install Stock firmware on Galaxy S9 Plus. With the help of this guide, you can easily Unbrick your device and update your device manually. Generally, while rooting android or flashing ROM, the device gets bricked. In that situation, you can revert to Stock ROM using this guide.
With the help of this guide you can Download Stock Firmware for Galaxy S9 as well as Galaxy S9 Plus smartphone. So, don’t be confused.
We are going to use the official way to flash Stock firmware on Galaxy S9 Plus smartphone. Now to flash the firmware file, we use the Odin flash tool. This tool is specially designed for Samsung device for flashing files.
This guide covers everything from Downloading the Stock ROM to installing it on your Samsung phone. You have to follow every step carefully and also read the complete guide to avoid confusion.
About Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus
Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus has a 6.2 inches Super AMOLED Display. It is powered by the Snapdragon 845 chipset, which is an Octa-core CPU. This phone’s higher variant has 6 GB of RAM and 256 GB of Internal Storage. It’s a Dual SIM smartphone with micro SD card support. Moving to the OS, Galaxy S9 Plus runs on One UI based on Android 10 (Q).
The camera has a Dual rear-facing camera of 12 MP + 12 MP, and the Dual front-facing camera is a 8 MP + 2 MP shooter and moving to the, it has a Non-removable 3500 mAh battery. We also have a Iris scanner, fingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, barometer, heart rate, SpO2 sensors.
// Source: GSMArena
What is Stock ROM firmware?
An android device that comes with a pre-installed operating system is known as stock ROM or stock firmware. Every phone manufacturer provides official Stock firmware with the latest builds. We must note that the Stock ROM provides better security and stability to the device and user data.
Download Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus Stock Firmware
From here you can download latest firmware for your Galaxy S9 Plus smartphone. You can download firmware for these device models:
Model – SM-G9650 | SM-G965F | SM-G965N | SM-G965U | SM-G965U1 | SM-G965W
Stock Firmware for Samsung Galaxy S9
Model – SCV38 | SM-G9600 | SM-G9608 | SM-G960F | SM-G960N | SM-G960U | SM-G960U1 | SM-G960W
- Download the latest Odin flash tool.
- You have to download the latest Samsung USB Drivers and install it on your PC.
- You need Stock firmware for your device model.
- Take a full backup of data to restore if anything goes wrong.
- Make sure your device is fully charged.
- You will need a PC/Laptop along with a USB cable.
Steps to Install Stock firmware on Galaxy S9 Plus
- First, Enable the Developer Option on Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus.
- To do this, go to Settings → About → Software Information → More.
- Tap on Build Number 7-8 times until you see a message “Developer option enabled.”
- Enable the USB Debugging option.
- Now go back to Settings → Developer Options → enable USB Debugging option.
- We have written a dedicated guide on how to flash Stock ROM using Odin Flash Tool for Samsung devices. So, you have to follow the below guide carefully.
Must Read: How to Root Galaxy S9 without PC
Note: Once the Stock firmware is successfully installed on your Galaxy S9 Plus device, the first boot may take somewhat around 10-15 minutes. Since this will be the first reboot after flashing a new ROM, it might take some time to rebuild cache and finish boot, have patience.
So, this is all about how to install Stock ROM on Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus. I have shown you the official method to flash stock firmware on this smartphone. The method that I have shown you is the common way of installing Stock ROM on Samsung Galaxy phones.
I hope you have successfully reverted to stock ROM and unbricked your Galaxy S9 Plus device. If you want to ask any questions related to the guide, please comment down below. We would love to hear from you!