Install Custom ROM On Google Pixel 4
In this article, I have come with a guide on How To Install Custom ROM On Google Pixel 4. This guide will have No Risks of bricking or harming your Google Pixel 4.
Also, This will be the easiest method to Install Custom ROM On Google Pixel 4. To flash ROM, we will use TWRP Recovery as it is very convenient and super easy to Flash Files and ROM’s.
About Google Pixel 4
Google Pixel 4 is the newly launched device by Google. It has some great features. Here is some Key Specification of Google Pixel 4:
- This phone comes with a 5.7 Inches Ful HD+ 1080 x 2160 pixels P-OLED Display which is protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 6
- Google Pixel 4 is powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 which is an Octa-Core CPU
- It has 6 GB of RAM and 128 GB of Internal Storage
- Moving to the OS this device runs Android 10
- Camera – It has a Dual Rear-Facing Camera of 12.2 MP + 16 MP and a Dual Front-Facing camera of 8 MP + TOF 3D camera
- Moving to the battery, it has a Non-removable Li-Po 2800 mAh battery which also supports Fast battery charging, USB Power Delivery 2.0, QI wireless charging
- Sensors: It has all the required sensors Face ID, accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, barometer.
What Is Custom ROM?
Custom ROM is a modified version of the ROM. Custom ROM comes with lots of cool features and customizations that your original ROM does not have. You can install Custom ROM with the help of custom recovery weather its TWRP Recovery.
I recommend websites like XDA Developers as they are the most trusted place to download ROM. Any ROM will work as long it is made for your specific device.
Advantages Of Installing Custom ROM
- You will be able to Remove Bloatware
- Upgrade Your Phone To Latest Version Of Android
- Experience New User Interface/ Custom Design
- You will get lots of customizations
Disadvantages Of Installing Custom ROM
- Your phone warranty will be void
- If you missed any steps, your phone would be stuck in a boot loop
- You will not get OTA Updates
- You have manually Update your phone
- Important Step: Install TWRP Recovery On Google Pixel 4
- Fully Charge Your Google Pixel 4 Smartphone
- Your Phone Must Be Rooted. Follow this guide on How To Root Google Pixel 4
- Also, Unlock Bootloader Of Google Pixel 4
- Make Sure To Move Your ROM File To Internal Storage
Install Custom ROM On Google Pixel 4 Using TWRP Recovery
1.) First Off Enable USB Debugging On Google Pixel 4
- Go To Settings >> About Phone >> Now Tap On Build Number 6-7 Times >> Now Go Back >> Go To Advanced Settings >> Developer Options >> Enable USB Debugging
2.) Now Download Custom ROM For Google Pixel 4 From Google.
3.) Move The ROM File To Your Phone Internal Storage
- Next Power Off Your Device >> After That Boot Into TWRP Recovery
4.) Take Backup Of Your Previous ROM
5.) Once The Backup Process Completes
Now let’s Proceed To Flashing Process
6.) Go Back To Main Menu >> Tap On “Wipe & Swipe To Factory Reset.”
- Go Back >> Again Tap On Wipe >> Advanced Wipe >> Check “System” >> Now “Swipe To Wipe”
- After That Tap On Home Button >> Tap On Install >> Locate The ROM & Select It >> Now “Swipe To Confirm Flash.”
7.) That’s It 🙂 You Have Successfully Install Custom ROM On Google Pixel 4.
Related Article: How To Unroot Google Pixel 4
Final Words: So, that’s the easiest way to Install Custom ROM On Google Pixel 4. If you want to ask any questions related to Installing Custom ROM, then make sure to comment down below. We would love to hear from you!