Install Custom ROM On Honor 8S
In this article, I have come with the guide on How To Install Custom ROM On Honor 8S. This guide will have No Risks of bricking or harming your Honor 8S.
Also, This will be the easiest method to Install Custom ROM On Honor 8S. To flash ROM we will use TWRP Recovery as it is very convenient and super easy to Flash Files and ROM’s.
About Honor 8S
This Honor 8S is the newly launched device by Huawei. It has some great features, Here is some Key Specification of Honor 8S:
- This phone comes with a 5.71 Inches LCD Display which is protected by Corning Gorilla Glass
- Honor 8S is powered by the MediaTek Helio A22 which is a Quad-Core CPU
- It has 3GB of RAM and 64GB of Internal Storage
- Moving to the OS this device runs on Android 9.0 (Pie)
- Camera – It has a Single Rear-Facing Camera of 13 MP and the Front-Facing camera is a 5 MP shooter
- Moving to the battery it has a Non-removable Li-Ion 3020 mAh battery.
What Is Custom ROM?
Custom ROM is a modified version of the ROM. Custom ROM comes with lots of cool features and customizations that your original ROM does not have. You can install Custom ROM with the help of custom recovery weather its TWRP Recovery.
I recommend websites like XDA Developers as they are the most trusted place to download ROM. Any ROM will work as long it is made for your specific device.
Advantages Of Installing Custom ROM
- You will be able to Remove Bloatware
- Upgrade Your Phone To Latest Version Of Android
- Experience New User Interface/ Custom Design
- You will get lots of customizations
Disadvantages Of Installing Custom ROM
- Your phone warranty will be void
- If you missed any steps your phone will be stuck in a boot loop
- You will not get OTA Updates
- You have manually Update your phone
- Important Step: Install TWRP Recovery On Honor 8S
- Fully Charge Your Honor 8S Smartphone
- To Install Custom ROM On Honor 8S, Your Phone Must Be Rooted. Follow this guide on How To Root Honor 8S
- Also, Unlock Bootloader Of Honor 8S
- Make Sure To Move Your ROM File To Internal Storage
Install Custom ROM On Honor 8S Using TWRP Recovery
1.) First Off Enable USB Debugging On Honor 8S
- Go To Settings >> About Phone >> Now Tap On Build Number 6-7 Times >> Now Go Back >> Go To Advanced Settings >> Developer Options >> Enable USB Debugging
2.) Now Download Custom ROM For Honor 8S From Google.
3.) Move The ROM File To Your Phone Internal Storage
- Next Power Off Your Device >> After That Boot Into TWRP Recovery
4.) Take Backup Of Your Previous ROM
5.) Once The Backup Process Completes
Now let’s Proceed To Flashing Process
6.) Go Back To Main Menu >> Tap On “Wipe & Swipe To Factory Reset”
- Go Back >> Again Tap On Wipe >> Advanced Wipe >> Check “System” >> Now “Swipe To Wipe”
- After That Tap On Home Button >> Tap On Install >> Locate The ROM & Select It >> Now “Swipe To Confirm Flash”
7.) That’s It 🙂 You Have Successfully Install Custom ROM On Honor 8S.
Related Article: How To Unroot Honor 8S
Final Words: So, that’s the easiest way to Install Custom ROM On Honor 8S. If you want to ask any questions related to Installing Custom ROM then make sure to comment down below. We would love to hear from you!