- 1 How To Activate F2FS ROM On Redmi Note 5 Pro
- 2 What Is F2FS?
- 3 How To Flash F2FS On Redmi Note 5 Pro
- 4 Guide For ROM’s Which Support F2FS:
- 5 Guide For Rom’s Which Does Not Support F2fs:
How To Activate F2FS ROM On Redmi Note 5 Pro
Hey, there today I have come with the guide on How To Activate F2FS ROM On Redmi Note 5 Pro. So, with the help of this guide, you can easily be able to Activate F2FS ROM On Redmi Note 5 Pro. You can flash any Custom ROM that supports F2FS files system to your phone.
Below I have explained in details about F2FS and the benefits of have F2FS support on your phone. So, make sure to read this complete guide to understand more about this new partition system.
What Is F2FS?
Now you may have a question that What is F2FS? Why Do You Need F2FS? F2FS stands for “Flash-Friendly File System”. The F2FS is just a file like a storage partition kind of type. The format of storage which makes your storage a lot faster than the normal like FAT32.
F2FS was firstly developed by Samsung Electronic long years back. Samsung has used F2FS on their high ends devices. Basically, it increases the speed of your File/ Data Transfer.
So, it is almost 2 times faster than the normal one which you will find on the Redmi Note 5 Pro by default. What happens in the first place, if you flash F2FS ROM on a normal partition then you will be stuck in boot loop.
Benefits Of Having F2FS On Your Phone?
- Increases Data Transfer Speed On Your Phone
- Decrease Boot Time Of Your Phone
- Apps Load’s Up Fast
- Increases Phone Performance
- This file system has been used on many phones like Samsung Phones, Pixel Devices.
How To Flash F2FS On Redmi Note 5 Pro
These days a lot of ROM’S are coming for the Redmi Note 5 Pro with F2FS like storage partition capabilities. So, we need to develop a modified TWRP Recovery.
Pre-Requirements Before You Activate F2FS On Redmi Note 5 Pro
- Your Phone Bootloader Must Be Unlocked. Here Is The Guide: How To Unlock Bootloader Of Any Xiaomi Devices
- Your Phone Must Have 75% Of Battery Available
- Make Sure That You Have TWRP Recovery Installed On Your Phone. Here Is The Guide: How To Install TWRP Recovery On Redmi Note 5 Pro
- And You Need A ROM That Support F2FS
Nowadays a lot of ROM’S are supported for F2FS like Pixel Experience ROM, Bootleggers ROM, AOSP ROM, Syberia ROM.
NOTE: Your Phone Internal Storage Will Be Wiped Out. So, Make Sure To Take Full Backup Of Your Phone.
Guide For ROM’s Which Support F2FS:
Step 1. First Download F2FS Enabled TWRP On Your Phone
Step 2: Power Of Your Device And Boot Your Phone Into Recovery Mode
Step 3: Once Your Phone Boot Into Recovery Mode. Now Follow The Steps Shown Below:
- Tap On Install >> Locate F2FS Enabled TWRP Files That You Just Downloaded
- Select The TWRP Image File >> Now “Select Recovery”
- And “Swipe To Confirm Flash”
Step 4. Now Once The Recovery Flashed Successfully Go Back >> Tap On Reboot >> Recovery >> Now Tap On “Do Not Install”
Step 5. Again On Recovery Page >> Go To Wipe >> Advance Wipe >> Now Select These Options (Dalvik /Data /Internal /System /Vendor And /Cache) >> And “Swipe To Wipe”
Now Convert Data To F2fs
Step 6. Once Done Go To Wipe >> Advance Wipe >> Now Select Cache & Tap On (Change Or Repair Files) >> Now Tap On Change File System >> Tap On F2FS >> And “Swipe To Change”
Step 7. Again Go To Wipe >> Advance Wipe >> Now Select Data & Tap On (Change Or Repair Files) >> Now Tap On Change File System >> Tap On F2FS >> And “Swipe To Change”
Step 3. Next Step Is To Connect Your Phone To PC & Copy The ROM Files To Phone Internal Storage.
Step 4. Now Flash The Rom And Gapps Package (Make Sure That The ROM Must Be F2FS Supported)
Step 5. Reboot And Setup. Flash Magisk Only After Booting Into System Once.
Now If Your Phone Does Not Support F2FS Make Sure To Follow The Guide Shown Below.
Guide For Rom’s Which Does Not Support F2fs:
Step 2: Now Boot Your Phone Into Twrp Recovery (If Don’t Have TWRP Recovery Installed On Your Redmi Note 5 Pro Then First Read The Above Guide)
Step 3: Next Step Is To Format And Wipe Everything (Including Internal)
Step 4: Power Of Your Device And Boot Your Phone Into Recovery Mode
Now Convert Data To F2fs
Step 7: Once Done Flash Rom+Gapps+Derp 4.5+F2fs_Fstab_Data.Zip (In Same Order)
Step 8: Now Boot Into System And Setup The Device
Step 9: Again Boot Your Phone Into Twrp Recovery Mode
Step 10: Now You Have To Convert Cache To F2fs
Step 11: Next You Have To Flash F2fs_Fstab_Cache.Zip
That’s It 🙂 Reboot To System And Enjoy.
- How To Record 4K Videos On Redmi Note 5 & 5 Pro
- Install Android 9.0 Pie On Redmi Note 5 Pro
- Best Car Insurance Apps For Android
Final Words: So, this is it on How To Activate F2FS ROM On Redmi Note 5 Pro. I hope this guide helps you and works for you. If you have any question related to F2FS ROM then make sure to comment down below. We would like to hear from you.