Install Custom ROM On LG G8 ThinQ
Today in this article I have come with the guide on How To Install Custom ROM On LG G8 ThinQ. This guide will have No Risks of bricking or harming your LG G8 ThinQ. This will be the easiest method to Install Custom ROM On LG G8 ThinQ. TWRP Recovery is very convenient and super easy to Flash Files and ROM’s.
About LG G8 ThinQ
This LG G8 ThinQ is having a 6.1 Inch Full HD+ 1440 x 3120 pixels AMOLED capacitive touchscreen which is protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 5. LG G8 ThinQ is powered by the Qualcomm SDM855 Snapdragon 855 (7 nm) chipset which is an Octa-Core CPU. It has 8GB of RAM and 256GB of Internal Storage. It’s a dual-SIM device with a dedicated micro SD card slot. Moving to the OS this device runs on Android 9.0 (Pie).
On talking about the camera it has a Dual Rear-Facing Camera of 16MP at f/1.5 aperture and a secondary camera of 16MP at an f/1.8 aperture which is an ultra-wide lens. It has Dual Front-Facing camera of the 8MP shooter and moving to the battery it has aNon-removable Li-Po 3500 mAh battery which also supports Quick Charge 3.0 as well as Wireless charging support. We also have a Fingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, barometer sensors.
Related Article: How To Unlock Bootloader Of LG G8 ThinQ
What Is Custom ROM?
Custom ROM is a modified version of the ROM. Custom ROM comes with lots of cool features and customizations that your original ROM does not have. You can install Custom ROM with the help of custom recovery weather its TWRP Recovery.
You can download Custom ROM for your phone from Google. Just type your device model number + Custom ROM different ROM provide different feel and features. so, choose the one which suits your taste. I recommend websites like XDA Developers as they are the most trusted place to download ROM. Any ROM will work as long it is made for your specific device.
Advantages Of Installing Custom ROM On LG G8 ThinQ
- You will be able to Remove Bloatware
- Upgrade Your Phone To Latest Version Of Android
- Experience New User Interface/ Custom Design
- You will get lots of customizations
Disadvantages Of Installing Custom ROM On LG G8 ThinQ
- Your phone warranty will be void
- If you missed any steps your phone will be stuck in a boot loop
- You will not get OTA Updates
- You have manually Update your phone
Pre Requirements Before You Install Custom ROM On LG G8 ThinQ
- Your phone must have 75% battery available
- To Install Custom ROM on your phone, your phone must be rooted. Follow this guide on How To Root LG G8 ThinQ
- Make Sure To Move Your ROM File To Internal Storage
- This guide is only for LG G8 ThinQdo not try this method on any other devices. if you try then it can brick your phone
- Follow Each and every step carefully
How To Install Custom ROM On LG G8 ThinQ Using TWRP Recovery
- First off Enable USB Debugging For That Go To Settings >> About Phone >> Now Tap On Build Number 6-7 Times >> Now Go Back >> Go To Advanced Settings >> Developer Options >> Enable USB Debugging
- Now Download Custom ROM For LG G8 ThinQFrom Google.
- Move The ROM File To Your Phone Internal Storage
- Next Power Off Your Device >> After That Boot Into TWRP Recovery
To Boot Into TWRP Recovery Press Volume Down + Power Button At Same Time Until You See The Boot Animation
- Take Backup Of Your Previous ROM
To Do That Tap On Backup >> Keep It On A Default Setting & Choose Your Storage Type >> After That “Swipe To Backup”
- Once The Backup Is Done Go Back To Main Menu >> Tap On “Wipe & Swipe To Factory Reset”
- Go Back >> Again Tap On Wipe >> Advanced Wipe >> Check “System” >> Now “Swipe To Wipe”
- After That Tap On Home Button >> Tap On Install >> Locate The ROM & Select It >> Now “Swipe To Confirm Flash”
- That’s It 🙂 You Have Successfully Installed Your Custom ROM On LG G8 ThinQ.
Note: The first Boot after flashing the new ROM can take a while it will be slow, it usually takes around 2-3 minutes. If it takes more time then don’t freak let it complete there it will boot.
Also Read: How To Unroot LG G8 ThinQ
Final Words: So, that’s the easiest way to Install Custom ROM On LG G8 ThinQ. If you want to ask any questions related to Installing Custom ROM On LG G8 ThinQ then make sure to comment down below. We would love to hear from you!