Install Custom ROM On Moto G7 Play
Today in this article I have come with the guide on How To Install Custom ROM On Moto G7 Play. This guide will have No Risks of bricking or harming your Moto G7 Play. This will be the easiest method to Install Custom ROM On Moto G7 Play. TWRP Recovery is very convenient and super easy to Flash Files and ROM’s.
About Motorola Moto G7 Play
This Moto G7 Play is having a 5.7 Inch HD+ 720 x 1512 pixels IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen which is protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 3. Moto G7 Play is powered by the Qualcomm SDM632 Snapdragon 632 (14 nm) chipset which is an Octa-core 4×1.8 GHz Kryo 250 CPU. It has 2GB of RAM and 32GB of Internal Storage. It’s a dual-SIM device with a dedicated micro SD card slot. Moving to the OS this device runs on stock Android 9.0 (Pie).
On talking about the camera it has a Single Rear-Facing camera of 13MP with f/2.0 aperture. The Front-Facing camera is an 8MP shooter and moving to the battery it has a Non-removable Li-Ion 3000 mAh battery which supports Fast battery charging 10W. We also have a Fingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass sensors.
Related Article: How To Unlock Bootloader Of Moto G7 Play
What Is Custom ROM?
Custom ROM is a modified version of the ROM. Custom ROM comes with lots of cool features and customizations that your original ROM does not have. You can install Custom ROM with the help of custom recovery weather its TWRP Recovery.
You can download Custom ROM for your phone from Google. Just type your device model number + Custom ROM different ROM provide different feel and features. so, choose the one which suits your taste. I recommend websites like XDA Developers as they are the most trusted place to download ROM. Any ROM will work as long it is made for your specific device.
Advantages Of Installing Custom ROM On Moto G7 Play
- You will be able to Remove Bloatware
- Upgrade Your Phone To Latest Version Of Android
- Experience New User Interface/ Custom Design
- You will get lots of customizations
Disadvantages Of Installing Custom ROM On Moto G7 Play
- Your phone warranty will be void
- If you missed any steps your phone will be stuck in a boot loop
- You will not get OTA Updates
- You have manually Update your phone
Pre Requirements Before You Install Custom ROM On Moto G7 Play
- Your phone must have 75% battery available
- To Install Custom ROM on your phone, your phone must be rooted. Follow this guide on How To Root Moto G7 Play
- Make Sure To Move Your ROM File To Internal Storage
- This guide is only for Moto G7 Playdo not try this method on any other devices. if you try then it can brick your phone
- Follow Each and every step carefully
How To Install Custom ROM On Moto G7 PlayUsing TWRP Recovery
- First off Enable USB Debugging For That Go To Settings >> About Phone >> Now Tap On Build Number 6-7 Times >> Now Go Back >> Go To Advanced Settings >> Developer Options >> Enable USB Debugging
- Now Download Custom ROM For Moto G7 PlayFrom Google.
- Move The ROM File To Your Phone Internal Storage
- Next Power Off Your Device >> After That Boot Into TWRP Recovery
To Boot Into TWRP Recovery Press Volume Down + Power Button At Same Time Until You See The Boot Animation
- Take Backup Of Your Previous ROM
To Do That Tap On Backup >> Keep It On A Default Setting & Choose Your Storage Type >> After That “Swipe To Backup”
- Once The Backup Is Done Go Back To Main Menu >> Tap On “Wipe & Swipe To Factory Reset”
- Go Back >> Again Tap On Wipe >> Advanced Wipe >> Check “System” >> Now “Swipe To Wipe”
- After That Tap On Home Button >> Tap On Install >> Locate The ROM & Select It >> Now “Swipe To Confirm Flash”
- That’s It 🙂 You Have Successfully Installed Your Custom ROM On Moto G7 Play.
Note: The first Boot after flashing the new ROM can take a while it will be slow, it usually takes around 2-3 minutes. If it takes more time then don’t freak let it complete there it will boot.
Also Read: How To Unroot Moto G7 Play
Final Words: So, that’s the easiest way to Install Custom ROM On Moto G7 Play. If you want to ask any questions related to Installing Custom ROM On Moto G7 Play then make sure to comment down below. We would love to hear from you!