Install Custom ROM On Redmi 8
Today in this article I have come with the guide on How To Install Custom ROM On Redmi 8. This guide will have No Risks of bricking or harming your Redmi 8. This will be the easiest method to Install Custom ROM On Redmi 8. TWRP Recovery is very convenient and super easy to Flash Files and ROM’s.
About Redmi 8
Redmi 8 is having a 6.26 Inch 720 x 1520 pixels IPS LCD, which is protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 5. The display of Redmi 8 comes with a waterdrop notch up-top and a thick bottom bezel that holds the Redmi branding. It has p2i coating on top for dust/ water protection.
Redmi 8 is powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 439 chipset, which is an Octa-Core CPU.
It has 4 GB of RAM and 64 GB of Internal Storage. It’s a dual-SIM device with a dedicated micro SD card slot. Moving to the OS, this device runs on MIUI 9 based on Android 9.0 (Pie).
On talking about the camera, it has a Dual Rear-Facing Camera of 12 MP (Primary Sensor) + 2 MP (Depth Sensor). The Front-Facing Camera is an 8 MP shooter and moving to the battery, and it has a massive 5000 mAh battery as compared to the 4,000 mAh battery pack on its predecessor.
It supports 18W Fast battery charging via USB-C, which is excellent, but you will need to buy the fast charger.
We also have a Fingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, proximity, compass sensor. The phone comes in three colours variant Black, Blue, Red.
Related Article: Unlock Bootloader Of Redmi 8
What Is Custom ROM?
Custom ROM is a modified version of the ROM. Custom ROM comes with lots of cool features and customizations that your original ROM does not have. You can install Custom ROM with the help of custom recovery weather its TWRP Recovery.
You can download Custom ROM for your phone from Google. Just type your device model number + Custom ROM different ROM provide different feel and features. so, choose the one which suits your taste. I recommend websites like XDA Developers as they are the most trusted place to download ROM. Any ROM will work as long it is made for your specific device.
Advantages Of Installing Custom ROM On Redmi 8
- You will be able to Remove Bloatware
- Upgrade Your Phone To Latest Version Of Android
- Experience New User Interface/ Custom Design
- You will get lots of customizations
Disadvantages Of Installing Custom ROM On Redmi 8
- Your phone warranty will be void
- If you missed any steps your phone will be stuck in a boot loop
- You will not get OTA Updates
- You have manually Update your phone
Pre Requirements Before You Install Custom ROM On Redmi 8
- Your phone must have 75% battery available
- To Install Custom ROM on your phone, your phone must be rooted. Follow this guide on How To Root Redmi 8
- Make Sure To Move Your ROM File To Internal Storage
- This guide is only for Redmi 8 do not try this method on any other device. if you try then it can brick your phone
- Follow Each and every step carefully
How To Install Custom ROM On Redmi 8 Using TWRP Recovery
- First off Enable USB Debugging For That Go To Settings >> About Phone >> Now Tap On Build Number 6-7 Times >> Now Go Back >> Go To Advanced Settings >> Developer Options >> Enable USB Debugging
- Now Download Custom ROM For Redmi 8 From Google.
- Move The ROM File To Your Phone Internal Storage
- Next Power Off Your Device >> After That Boot Into TWRP Recovery
To Boot Into TWRP Recovery Press Volume Down + Power Button At Same Time Until You See The Boot Animation
- Take Backup Of Your Previous ROM
To Do That Tap On Backup >> Keep It On A Default Setting & Choose Your Storage Type >> After That “Swipe To Backup”
- Once the Backup Is Done Go Back To Main Menu >> Tap On “Wipe & Swipe To Factory Reset”
- Go Back >> Again Tap On Wipe >> Advanced Wipe >> Check “System” >> Now “Swipe To Wipe”
- After That Tap On Home Button >> Tap On Install >> Locate The ROM & Select It >> Now “Swipe To Confirm Flash”
- That’s It 🙂 You Have Successfully Installed Your Custom ROM On Redmi 8.
Note: The first Boot after flashing the new ROM can take a while it will be slow, it usually takes around 2-3 minutes. If it takes more time then don’t freak let it complete there it will boot.
Also Read: How To Unroot Redmi 8
Final Words: So, that’s the easiest way to Install Custom ROM On Redmi 8. If you want to ask any questions related to Installing Custom ROM On Redmi 8 then make sure to comment down below. We would love to hear from you!