- 1 Install GCam On Xiaomi Mi A1 Without Unlocking Bootloader
- 2 Step By Step Guide To Install GCam On Xiaomi Mi A1 After July Updates
- 3 How To Lock BootLoader On Mi A1
Install GCam On Xiaomi Mi A1 Without Unlocking Bootloader
Do you want to Install GCam On Xiaomi Mi A1 After July Updates [Without Losing Data] Now you can Install GCam Camera On Mi A1 Without Losing Data. We are here with the Guide To Install GCam On Mi A1 [No Data Loss]. Using this guide you will be able to Install Google Camera On Mi A1 Without Root and also without unlocking the bootloader and also without any data loss.
As you might be knowing that a few months back we can easily Install Google Camera on Mi A1 using the GCam tool but after the may security patch update either you Lock or Unlock the Bootloader of your device your data is wiping out. so, in this article, I will guide you how you can install GCam without any data loss. and also your phone bootloader will be locked.
And if you follow these steps and Install GCam then you will not face any problems in OTA Updates. You will be able to properly install OTA Updates. So, let’s go straight into the steps. Follow these steps carefully, as mentioned in the steps just follow it please don’t miss any of these steps.
[Note: Make sure to take a complete backup of your phone, If you miss out anything then your data might be wiped out]
Required Files Before You Install GCam On Xiaomi Mi A1
ADB & FastBoot drivers
Step By Step Guide To Install GCam On Xiaomi Mi A1 After July Updates
- First of all, you need to Enable Developer Options
- Disable all your Security Pin/ Pattern or Fingerprint Locks for some time. After completing the whole process you can add your security Pattern/Pin & Fingerprint Unlocks.
Now You Have To Do These Steps On Your PC/ Laptop
- Download Adb and Fastboot drivers (Links are above in Required Files)
- You Must Install ADB and Fastboot Drivers otherwise your device will not be recognized.
- After Installing ADB and Fastboot Drivers. Just Plug Your Mi A1 to your Laptop/ PC
- After Connecting your phone to PC you will see a “Popup” on your phone, you have to select [Always allow from this computer] and Hit Ok
- Now boot your phone to Fastboot Mode [To do that just Power Off your phone >> Then Press “Volume Down + Power Key” at the same time and hold it for 5-6 seconds until you see Bunny Logo]
- After that Connect Your Phone To PC
- Now go to GCam Platform Tools >> Now Press & Hold Shift Key and in GCam Platform Tools Window, Right Click and Select “Open PowerShell Window Here”. After that you will see the “PowerShell Window”.
- Just Enter this Following Commands >> “fastboot devices” Hit Enter >> Now Type “fastboot oem unlock” (do not hit enter now). Come to your phone and “Press and Hold Volume Down Key” and then Hit Enter.
- Now Again write some commands >> Type [fastboot devices] Hit Enter >> Now you have to Boot into “TWRP Recovery” this will be done Temporarily >> Type “fastboot boot twrp.img” Hit Enter.
- After running this command your device will boot into TWRP Recovery.
- After your device boots into TWRP Recovery >> On Your Device “Tap On Keep Read Only” >> Now keep your phone aside.
- Again run the following command >> Type “adb devices” Hit Enter >> Next command will be “adb shell” Hit Enter >> Then Copy this command “setprop persist.camera.HAL3.enabled 1” carefully and paste it, Hit Enter.
How To Enable EIS (Electronic Image Stabilization) On Mi A1
- Type the following Command on PowerShell
setprop persist.camera.eis.enable 1
- After that Enter
- Command and Then last command you have to Enter is
adb reboot bootloader
- After that again your phone will boot into FastBoot Mode.
Now we have to lock the bootloader for that follow the following steps.
How To Lock BootLoader On Mi A1
This is to be done so that our phone warranty does not get void. We can easily claim warranty after locking the bootloader.
- To Lock Bootloader Type [fastboot oem lock] after typing this command “Press and Hold Volume Down Key” Then Hit Enter.
- After that, your phone BootLoader will be Successfully Locked, “Reboot Your Device” and That’s it All Done 🙂
Here is the Link To Install Google Camera APK File
- Simply Download and Install the APK
- It will work perfectly fine
- If you see that App is not working well then you can “Force Close” the App and it will work fine.
You have Successfully Installed GCam On Xiaomi Mi A1 Without Any Losing Data.
So this the full guide on How To Install GCam On Xiaomi Mi A1 After July Updates [Without Losing Data]. If you have any question related this method or if you are facing any problem in Installing Android P In Any Treble Android Devices, then make sure to comment down below, also you can contact me on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram.