Do you want to root your phone? If yes, then the first thing you need is TWRP recovery. This article will show you how you can install TWRP Recovery on Redmi 8A with easy steps.
When it comes to flashing files on android, TWRP stands out first. The reason is simple; it’s because of its simplicity, broad support, and easy-to-use UI. Also, it supports almost every android device out there. The availability of the recovery file totally depends on development.
If you want to flash Custom ROM, Modules, Zip files on Redmi 8A, you must use TWRP recovery. But you must keep in mind that anything can brick your device while performing the steps if you miss out.
First, read the complete guide, and after getting all the information, you can proceed with the steps. This will avoid any confusion while installing the TWRP on Redmi 8A.
In this guide, I have shown you a step-by-step process for installing TWRP recovery on Redmi 8A.
This Redmi 8A is the newly launched device by Xiaomi. It has some great features. Here is some Key Specification of Redmi 8A:
- This phone comes with a 6.22 Inches HD+ 720 x 1520 pixels IPS LCD Display, which is protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- Redmi 8A is powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 439, which is an Octa-Core CPU
- It has 2 GB of RAM and 32 GB of Internal Storage, which can be expanded Up to 512 GB
- Moving to the OS, this device runs on MIUI 10 top of Android 9.0 (Pie)
- Camera – It has a Rear-Facing Camera of 12 MP, and the Front-Facing camera is an 8 MP shooter
- Moving to the battery, it has a Non-removable Li-Polymer 5000 mAh battery, and it also supports Quick Charging
- Sensors: It has all the required sensors. Light sensor, Proximity sensor, Accelerometer, Compass.
What is TWRP Recovery?
As we all know, our phone has a Stock Recovery, which is installed by default. But through Stock Recovery, we can’t do many things. But if we installed Custom Recovery, then we have many things to play around with on our phone.
Custom Recovery helps us to perform lots of tasks such as flash mods zip files, flash SuperSU, and more. Without custom recovery, we can’t do such type of task on our Android devices.
Advantages Of Installing TWRP Recovery
- Update your phone to a newer version of Android.
- Easily install Custom ROM On Redmi 8A without PC.
- You can further Root Redmi 8A without PC.
- Flash zip files, mods without PC.
- It also lets you create Nandroid Backup.
Disadvantages Of Installing TWRP Recovery
- The phone warranty will be lost after installing TWRP Recovery.
- Flashing the wrong file can brick your phone.
- An unstable version of Custom ROM can brick your phone.
- Make sure that the Redmi 8A bootloader is unlocked.
- Use an original USB cable.
- It would help if you had a PC or Laptop to flash TWRP recovery.
- Charge your phone, a minimum of 75% battery.
- Download TWRP Recovery for Redmi 8A (Rename the downloaded file to twrp.img)
Steps to Install TWRP Recovery on Redmi 8A
- First off, Enable the Developer option on Redmi 8A.
- Go to your Settings → About phone → Version -> Tap on the Build number 7-8 times until you see a message “Developer option enabled”
- Next, Enable Enable USB Debugging on Redmi 8A.
- Go to additional settings → Developer option → enable USB debugging option.
- Download the latest SDK Platform tools, or you can follow this guide.
- Connect your Redmi 8A to PC/Laptop.
- Go to the Platform-tools folder and type ‘cmd’ in the address bar, then press Enter.
- Now execute the following command to boot Redmi 8A into fast boot mode.
adb reboot bootloader
- Once you write the below command, you must see your device (Random String). If not, then you have not installed the drivers properly. So, install it properly and try again.
- Type the following command to flash TWRP Recovery on Redmi 8A.
fastboot flash twrp.img
- Once the flashing process completes, type the following command to Reboot your phone.
- Congrats! You have successfully flashed the TWRP on Redmi 8A.
Now that you have successfully flashed the recovery file, you can now proceed to Root Redmi 8A using Magisk. The method is very simple and straightforward. You have to flash a zip file, and your phone will get root access safely.
This is all about how you can install TWRP recovery on Redmi 8A. In this method, we have used fast boot commands to flash the recovery file. Whenever you want to flash files, you can boot into recovery mode by pressing the keys’ combination.
And then you can easily flash files to your phone without the need for a PC/Laptop. Not only will you be able to flash files, but you can do a hell of a lot of things with the help of TWRP recovery.
I hope this guide helps you to install TWRP on your device. If you find this guide helpful, then make sure to share it with Redmi 8A users. If you encounter any errors while applying the steps, then make sure to discuss your problems in the comments.