Install Custom ROM On Moto G8 Play
In this article, I have come with the guide on How To Install Custom ROM On Moto G8 Play. This guide will have No Risks of bricking or harming your Moto G8 Play.
Also, This will be the easiest method to Install Custom ROM On Moto G8 Play. To flash ROM we will use TWRP Recovery as it is very convenient and super easy to Flash Files and ROMs.
About Moto G8 Play
This Moto G8 Play is the newly launched device by Motorola. It has some great features, Here is some Key Specification of Moto G8 Play:
- This phone comes with a 6.2 Inches 720 x 1520 pixels HD Display.
- Moto G8 Play is powered by the Mediatek Helio P70M chipset which is an Octa-Core CPU.
- It has 2 GB of RAM and 32 GB of Internal Storage.
- Moving to the OS this device runs on Android 9.0 (Pie).
- Camera – It has a Triple Rear-Facing Camera of 13 MP + 8 MP + 2 MP and the Front-Facing is an 8 MP shooter.
- Moving to the battery it has a Non-removable Li-Po 4000 mAh battery.
What Is Custom ROM?
Custom ROM is a modified version of the ROM. Custom ROM comes with lots of cool features and customizations that your original ROM does not have. You can install Custom ROM with the help of custom recovery weather its TWRP Recovery.
I recommend websites like XDA Developers as they are the most trusted place to download ROM. Any ROM will work as long it is made for your specific device.
Advantages Of Installing Custom ROM
- You will be able to Remove Bloatware
- Upgrade Your Phone To Latest Version Of Android
- Experience New User Interface/ Custom Design
- You will get lots of customizations
Disadvantages Of Installing Custom ROM
- Your phone warranty will be void
- If you missed any steps your phone will be stuck in a boot loop
- You will not get OTA Updates
- You have manually Update your phone
- Important Step: Install TWRP Recovery On Moto G8 Play
- Fully Charge Your Moto G8 Play Smartphone
- To Install Custom ROM On Moto G8 Play, Your Phone Must Be Rooted. Follow this guide on How To Root Moto G8 Play
- Also, Unlock Bootloader On Moto G8 Play
- Make Sure To Move Your ROM File To Internal Storage
Install Custom ROM On Moto G8 Play Using TWRP Recovery
1.) First Off Enable USB Debugging On Moto G8 Play
- Go To Settings >> About Phone >> Now Tap On Build Number 6-7 Times >> Now Go Back >> Go To Advanced Settings >> Developer Options >> Enable USB Debugging
2.) Now Download Custom ROM For Moto G8 Play From Google.
3.) Move The ROM File To Your Phone Internal Storage
- Next Power Off Your Device >> After That Boot Into TWRP Recovery
4.) Take Backup Of Your Previous ROM
5.) Once The Backup Process Completes
Now let’s Proceed To Flashing Process
6.) Go Back To Main Menu >> Tap On “Wipe & Swipe To Factory Reset”
- Go Back >> Again Tap On Wipe >> Advanced Wipe >> Check “System” >> Now “Swipe To Wipe”
- After That Tap On Home Button >> Tap On Install >> Locate The ROM & Select It >> Now “Swipe To Confirm Flash”
7.) That’s It 🙂 You Have Successfully Install Custom ROM On Moto G8 Play.
Related Article: How To Unroot Moto G8 Play
Final Words: So, that’s the easiest way to Install Custom ROM On Moto G8 Play. If you want to ask any questions related to Installing Custom ROM then make sure to comment down below. We would love to hear from you!