This article will show you how you can fix common problems in OnePlus 9 Pro with simple, easy steps. You can easily solve any common issues on OnePlus 9 Pro with the shown steps.
First off, we will discuss some of the common issues and problems in the OnePlus 9 Pro smartphone, and next, I will give you the proven solution to it. So, do stay until the end.
The OnePlus 9 Pro is a newly launched android smartphone. It offers great features for the price. Here is the Key Specification of the OnePlus 9 Pro:
- OnePlus 9 Pro comes with a 6.7 Inches Full HD LTPO Fluid2 AMOLED Display.
- The display on this phone is protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 5.
- OnePlus 9 Pro is powered by the Snapdragon 888 which is an Octa-Core CPU.
- It has 12 GB of RAM and 256 GB of Internal Storage.
- Moving to the OS this device runs OxygenOS 11 on top of Android 11 OS.
- It has a Quad Rear facing Camera of 48 MP + 8 MP + 50 MP + 2 MP and 16 MP Selfie camera.
- Moving to the battery it has a Non-removable 4500 mAh battery. The battery in this phone supports Fast charging.
OnePlus 9 Pro Common Issues and Problems
If you are facing any internal problem with the OnePlus 9 Pro smartphone, you can easily fix them by following the below steps. These steps are straightforward to implement.
I will highly suggest you first read the complete article and then apply the steps. This way, you will not face any problems while applying the steps.
We will be discussing some of the major common problems faced by OnePlus 9 Pro users. Please do not rush. It will ultimately help you to solve the issues.
Battery draining problem on OnePlus 9 Pro
- Lower the brightness on OnePlus 9 Pro. The phone screen is one of the major battery consuming sectors.
- Your battery condition may be poor. To find out the current condition of your phone/tablet battery.
- Open the Call dialer of your phone and enter
- Now tap on the “Battery Information” icon.
- From here, check that whether the Battery Health is good or not.
- Sometimes we forget to turn off the data network, Wi-fi, Bluetooth, and GPS settings, and they keep consuming battery in the background. So these settings must be turned off when not required.
- Turn off unnecessary phone animations/effects, live wallpapers, and keep a simple UI.
- Close all the background apps. Sometimes we press the home button on our android phone if we want to close any app/game. But it is necessary to close them by exiting the app or by using the back button.
- Use lite/low-end versions of various apps like “Facebook lite“ “Instagram Lite“ on OnePlus 9 Pro.
- Play games in low or medium graphic settings.
- Keep your OnePlus 9 Pro firmware and apps updated to the latest version to fix any RAM management issues and bugs.
- Use a dark theme for UI/apps. It helps in saving battery as well as helps in reducing eye strain.
- Uninstall apps/games that you don’t use. Lots of apps and games run in the background that consumes a lot of battery.
- Use Power saver mode/Battery saver mode.
- Use only google play certified apps/games. Try to avoid third-party and unverified apps or games that may cause unnecessary battery drain.
- Check if there is an issue with the phone battery or excessive overheating or swelling in the battery.
- Re-start your OnePlus 9 Pro Smartphone.
Also Read: How to Root OnePlus 9 Pro
Heating Problem on OnePlus 9 Pro
- Use OnePlus 9 Pro in an environment with a moderate temperature. Avoid using the phone in direct sunlight.
- Try to find whether the condition of your phone battery is normal or not.
- While playing a game, ensure that you lower the game’s graphic settings.
- Avoid using your phone while charging.
- Use only a genuine charger on OnePlus 9 Pro.
- Uninstall all apps that use excessive RAM while running in the background.
- Try to remove the case of your phone and replace it with a ventilated cover if necessary.
- Keep your phone updated so that any firmware glitches/bugs may get fixed.
- A Restart or a factory reset on OnePlus 9 Pro may be needed.
- Lower down the quality of the videos you are watching.
- Turn off 4G data/Wi-fi/Bluetooth/GPS when not needed.
Must Read: Unlock Bootloader on OnePlus 9 Pro
Network Fluctuation Problem on OnePlus 9 Pro
- Try to restart your OnePlus 9 Pro device.
- Remove the SIM card(s) and insert it once again. If the problem persists, purchase a new SIM card.
- Check if there is any damage to the SIM card/SIM cardholder.
- Go to the Network Settings and check if the specified SIM is turned ON.
- If the Airplane Mode is turned on by mistake, turn it OFF.
- Insert the SIM card on another device and check if the network provider has enough coverage in your area.
- The Cellular antenna of the phone may be damaged.
- Reset the APN settings on OnePlus 9 Pro and choose the default APN.
- Try to change the preferred network type to “Auto”.
- If you are using the Wi-fi network, make sure the Wi-fi hotspot has appropriate internet connectivity.
Must Read: Install TWRP Recovery on OnePlus 9 Pro
Apps Not Working Properly on OnePlus 9 Pro
- Try to reinstall the app, which is not working properly.
- Check whether you have enough space on OnePlus 9 Pro or not. Try to remove unwanted apps.
- Some apps and games require special permissions to work properly. Make sure you have granted those permissions.
- Some apps may need an active data connection to function properly.
- Make sure that Play Store verifies the downloaded app. Remove the app and download it again from the app store.
- Check for the latest update for your app on Google Play Store.
- A Malware or Virus on OnePlus 9 Pro may also be a culprit responsible for the app’s improper functioning.
- Your phone may intentionally close the application if there is any overheating issue on your phone. Make sure you are not using two or more apps at the same time.
- Sometimes the Android
.apk file downloaded often from websites may get corrupted during installation. Try to re-download the file.
- Check if your Android version is compatible with the app.
Also Read: Download OnePlus 9 Pro Stock Firmware
Wifi gets Disconnected when Screen is Off on OnePlus 9 Pro
- Go to Settings > Wi-fi Settings > Choose Wi-fi name > Tap on “forget” option and then reconnect.
- Try to check if the problem is due to the Power saving/ Battery saving mode.
- Make sure that the Battery Optimization is Turned Off for Android Auto and Google Play Services.
- Check if your OnePlus 9 Pro gets an overheating warning while the Wi-fi is connected.
- Try booting OnePlus 9 Pro into the “Safe Mode” to ensure that a third-party app isn’t causing any problem.
- You can try to Solve Wi-fi disconnecting issue by resetting the Wi-fi/network settings to default.
- Wi-fi problems can also be overcome by installing the latest firmware update on your OnePlus 9 Pro.
- If the problem started by upgrading your Android version to new, maybe the update had few bugs. In this case, you can also check if Wi-fi normally works by downgrading the Android version.
- Try to shift from the 5 GHz Wi-fi band to a 2.4 GHz Wi-fi band.
- Sometimes the Wi-fi router could also incur a Virus or Malware. You may also need to Restart OnePlus 9 Pro and the Wi-fi Router.
Must Read: Install Custom ROM on OnePlus 9 Pro
Google Assistant not working on OnePlus 9 Pro
- First of all, make sure that your Android version is not too old and is compatible with Google Assistant.
- Make sure that your phone has enough required RAM to sustain Google Assistant.
- Your screen resolution in the device must be at least 720p.
- Open Assistant Settings > Tap Voice Match (Under Assistant Settings) > Turn on “Hey Google” > Set up a voice match.
- Try to check if the Microphone on the OnePlus 9 Pro device is working properly.
- Go to Settings > Language and Region > Search Language, and make sure that you have chosen the English language.
- Check whether you have an Active Stable Internet Connection or not.
- Make sure that all other Voice Command programs (like Bixby, Alexa) have been turned off.
- You may need to give all the required access to the Google App.
- Try to Update your Google Assistant to the Latest version.
- Delete Google App cache and data and then reboot the OnePlus 9 Pro.
Also Read: Unroot OnePlus 9 Pro
Unfortunately Camera Stopped Working Problem on OnePlus 9 Pro
- Close the Camera app and reopen it after some time.
- A restart of the phone may also be required.
- The Operating System in your phone must be up-to-date and install the latest updates for your phone if any.
- Try to boot the phone in “Safe Mode” and check if the Camera App is working.
- Remove all the third-party Camera apps and then try the “Camera” application.
- Check if your phone has enough memory space left.
- Try to change the camera settings to default.
- You can also try to delete the User Cache and User Data of the Camera app from Settings.
- You may also have to factory reset OnePlus 9 Pro to solve Camera related issues.
- Try to check the Camera lens and the hardware if it is in alright condition.
Device Not Turning ON in OnePlus 9 Pro
- It could be possible that the device is already on, but the UI is not working. In this case, you can force restart by pressing and holding the power button for at least 20 seconds.
- Maybe the battery is drained out. Connect OnePlus 9 Pro with a charger and then try to power ON the device. The charger should also be plugged in properly.
- After connecting the charger, if the battery icon appears, it means that the device is getting charged. You must wait for a minimum of 15 minutes and then try to restart.
- If there are any accessories attached to your device like a case, charger, and earphone, cover the sensors, remove all of them, and then restart.
- Sometimes, the Power button of the phone also becomes Malfunctions. Then it becomes very challenging to start the phone again.
- In that case, if the problem persists, you may have to use the ADB tool and try restarting OnePlus 9 Pro with the help of a PC.
- Try to check if the battery of the phone is damaged.
- Finally, if all other methods fail, you must factory reset/ hard reset OnePlus 9 Pro by entering into recovery mode.
Slow Performance Issue on OnePlus 9 Pro
- Close all the apps which are not being used by you if you are using the device.
- You can do it by pressing the “Switch Apps” button (usually at the device’s extreme left side).
- And you can close the apps by swiping the app windows either upwards or downwards.
- Rebooting OnePlus 9 Pro may also help in closing all unnecessary background processes.
- Remove all bloatware apps and apps/games which are not used by you. Many apps run in the background and use your RAM and surround your storage too.
- Try to keep all your phone software and applications updated. Sometimes app glitch or bug also slows down the performance of your device. The updates usually fix the bugs.
- Try to find lighter versions of several everyday apps like:- Instagram Lite, Facebook Lite.
- These apps do not have a heavy impact on phone memory.
- Google also launched its own set of apps that require low memory usage (like Google Go, Google Map Go, and Gallery Go).
- If you face slowing down issues while watching a video, lower down the video’s quality so that the video opens and runs smoothly.
- Check if your Android handset supports the updated version of the Operating System and its updates.
- Slowing of apps may also occur if you or the Android System has imposed permission restrictions on the app. In that case, you should delete the app and reinstall it again.
- Try to Turn OFF the Battery Saver mode if it is ON.
- Turn OFF the live wallpaper and any third-party theme and use the UI that came accompanying the phone.
- Sometimes the apps seem to be slow because of poor internet connectivity. Make sure your phone has a proper internet connection.
- Try to avoid using your phone while playing games or Charging while charging the phone.
- Also, disable any UI animations/effects that consume your power and resources and make your device slow.
- Check the hardware specifications for your phone too. Sometimes, if the device is too old, the older CPU and less RAM capacity could also be the main reason for your phone’s slow performance.
- It will be best if you avoid using any “RAM Booster” or “File Cleaner” app.
- These apps are actually of no use.
- They interfere with the Android framework and force the background apps to stop.
- When the Android System again initiates the tasks, they require heavy resource usage, and thus, they make the phone slower.
- To find out which apps on OnePlus 9 Pro are using your RAM –
- Go to Settings > About phone > Tap on “Build number” 7 times to make the Developer options appear.
- If they were hidden, after that again, Go to Settings > Advanced > Developer Options > Memory.
- If the slowing down problem still exists, you may have to perform a factory reset on OnePlus 9 Pro. (Remember to take a full android backup before performing a factory reset).
Bluetooth not connecting on OnePlus 9 Pro
Bluetooth problems are normal in any android device. One of the common Bluetooth problems that most OnePlus 9 Pro users face is the Bluetooth pairing problems. Let’s see how to fix it.
- First off check if any Software updates are available for your device. If yes, then update it and see if the problem is fixed.
- The second step is to Clear the Bluetooth cache.
- Go to Settings > System > Advanced> Reset Options > Reset Wi-fi, mobile & Bluetooth.
- Finally, Restart your Device.
- Third, make sure your phone is Discoverable to other devices and vice versa.
- If you are not able to pair Bluetooth in Car then try the below steps.
- This issue occurs when Car is moving and you are trying to pair the Bluetooth.
- In this case, try pairing the Bluetooth when your Car is stable (Not in moving condition).
- It will surely fix the problem.
- Lastly, you can try turning Bluetooth ON and OFF on the OnePlus 9 Pro.
How to use Gcam on OnePlus 9 Pro
Google camera is the best alternative to a Stock camera. If you want to install Google Camera on OnePlus 9 Pro, then try the below steps.
- First off head over to the Gcam Hub from here.
- You can try different Gcam mods by different developers. Free to choose anyone you like.
- Once you downloaded the APK file. Tap to Install.
- Allow installation of apps from third-party sources when prompted.
- Set up the GCam app using the “suggested settings”, “configs”, or settings presented on the “changelog” link (Note: Some apks don’t need any configuration).
- Restart the app and enjoy!
You can also checkout this category for device-specific Google Camera (GCam) guides.
Apps not downloading from Play Store on OnePlus 9 Pro
- A simple restart of the phone may help.
- You can try to Delete Play Store Data and Play Store Cache.
- Go to Settings > Apps and Games > Play Store.
- Tap on Storage & Cache and Clear storage/ Cache.
- Try to Uninstall and then Re-install the Play Store Updates by going to
- Settings > Apps and Games > Play Store > Tap on “More” at the upper right corner > Uninstall App Updates.
- It is also possible that maybe your device storage is full. Try to uninstall some apps or games from your device.
- You can try to remove your Google Account from OnePlus 9 Pro and then add it again.
- To remove your Google Account.
- Go to Settings > Accounts > Tap on your account > Then Tap on Remove Account.
- To add your account again, Go to Settings > Accounts > Add Account > Sign in to your account.
- Try to check if there are any software updates available for OnePlus 9 Pro. That will get any bugs fixed.
- Sometimes a particular app is not made for a particular country or gets banned in a country. You have to arrange a
.apk file by yourself and then try to install it.
- Check if the Internet is working properly on OnePlus 9 Pro.
- If you are still unsuccessful, then a factory reset of the phone may be the only solution. But remember to backup your important data.
Random Phone Shutdown Problem on OnePlus 9 Pro
- The phone may shut down automatically if the temperature of your surroundings is too high. Make sure you are using your phone in a cool environment.
- Remove all the other accessories from the phone like the case, charger, earphone, etc., and try to find the main culprit.
- Remove any third-party themes and use only the Stock UI of OnePlus 9 Pro.
- Boot your OnePlus 9 Pro in Safe mode and check if any third-party app is the reason for the trouble.
- Make sure that your phone battery is in good condition. To find out the current status of your phone battery –
- Open the call dialer of your phone and enter
- Now tap on the “Battery Information” icon.
- From here, check whether the “Battery Health” is good or not.
- If the phone shuts after heating up, it may be a heating issue. We have already discussed heating issue solutions.
- Maybe the problem has occurred after updating the OS system of your android. Try to delete those updates from OnePlus 9 Pro.
- If all the methods above don’t work, you will have to reset your OnePlus 9 Pro.
- For this, open the Settings > System > Reset option > Select “Erase Phone Data”.
- Sometimes phone automatically shuts off due to a hardware issue. You must contact the customer service center so that the phone shutting off automatically can be resolved.
Apps keep crashing on OnePlus 9 Pro
- Just uninstall and reinstall the app, and the app should work properly.
- If the phone asks for permission, such as GPS, access to files, etc., you must grant the app permission.
- Check if your OnePlus 9 Pro has enough extra storage nor not. If it is not, then try to free up some storage by deleting some files.
- Try out a simple restart of your OnePlus 9 Pro and check if the apps are working or not.
- You can try to Clear the Data and Cache Memory of the app on OnePlus 9 Pro.
- For this, go to Settings > Apps > Select App Name > Clear Data.
- Try to search for a newer version of the app (update), and if an update is available, install it. If any update is not available, wait for a few days.
- An OS update may also be required in your OnePlus 9 Pro for fixing any app issues.
- Maybe any Antivirus application on your device is causing any problem. Disable the antivirus and try the app again.
- It is always advisable to always use genuine apps from the Play Store. Avoid downloading apps and games from third-party websites.
- It is possible that maybe your phone features are turned OFF by mistake, and maybe they are the root cause of the problem.
- Ensure that you have an appropriate amount of RAM and a decent CPU in your phone for running apps.
- Finally, a factory reset on OnePlus 9 Pro may be required for the apps to function normally.
Troubleshooting Steps for OnePlus 9 Pro
- Giving your phone a basic reboot may help.
- Try to Turn Off functions that you are not using like Data, Wi-fi, Bluetooth, and Location.
- You can restore settings to default for a particular app on your OnePlus 9 Pro by going into the app menu.
- Reboot your OnePlus 9 Pro in Safe mode and check if any third-party app was the main culprit.
- To reboot your device, press and hold the power button and select the “Reboot in Safe Mode” option.
- You may have to remove all the third-party Apps, Themes, Custom ROMs that are not verified by Google.
- Check if there is any update available for your apps. You can also delete your app and re-install it from the Play Store/ App Store.
- Always keep your phone Operating System updated.
- You may have to reset network settings by just going to Settings Menu.
- Remove and re-insert the SIM card(s) and SD card if they are causing any trouble.
- Sometimes you have to clear App Data and App Cache of a particular app after going to the Settings menu.
- In the worst-case scenario, you may have to factory reset your OnePlus 9 Pro. But remember to take a quick back-up of your important data on your SD card or PC.
- There may also be hardware problems with your OnePlus 9 Pro. You may need to get it checked at a verified service center.
We have discussed all the major issues that generally occur on the OnePlus 9 Pro device. Also, I have shown you a proven solution to fix the issues.
If you face any other problems with OnePlus 9 Pro, let us know in the comments. I will try my best to fix the issue, and I will update the article.
If your problem is still not resolved, please be free to discuss it in the comments. Till then, have a nice day.