This guide will show you how to Unlock Bootloader on OnePlus Nord CE step by step. You can easily unlock this device by following this guide. I have tried to keep it simple and straightforward so that anyone with basic knowledge can apply the shown steps.
Make sure to read this guide till the end. You will see some Notes and Warnings in between the steps. So, reading the complete guide will prevent errors. However, Unlocking your phone’s Bootloader totally depends on your needs.
The bootloader unlocking process will wipe all data on internal storage. So, make sure to backup your important data! Once your phone’s data wipeout can not recover the data. Instead, you can follow this guide – Backup Android Completely.
About OnePlus Nord CE 5G
The OnePlus Nord CE is a newly launched android smartphone. It offers great features for the price. Here is the Key Specification of this smartphone:
- This phone comes with a 6.43 Inches 1080 x 2400 pixels Full HD Display.
- OnePlus Nord CE is powered by Snapdragon 750G 5G, which is an Octa-Core CPU.
- It has 12 GB of RAM and 256 GB of Internal Storage
- Moving to the OS, this device runs on OxygenOS 11 on top of Android 11.
- It has a Triple Rear-Facing Camera of 64 MP + 8 MP + 2 MP, and the Front-Facing is a 16 MP shooter.
- Moving to the battery, it has a Non-removable Li-Ion 4500 mAh battery. The battery on this phone also supports fast charging at 30 watts.
Why Unlock Bootloader?
The bootloader in android is software that performs various hardware checks when your phone starts up. It is responsible for which program to initialize on your device to make the device run.
The bootloader is usually locked on an Android device; the manufacturer wants you to stick to their Android Version, OS Version specifically designed for your phone.
Once you Unlock the Bootloader of your phone, you can Root your device, Install Custom ROM, Custom Recovery, Mods, etc. The bootloader is a handy feature that will allow you to do advanced stuff with your android.
If you are a Custom Rom lover, you must unlock your device bootloader to flash the ROM.
But before we proceed to the unlocking process. First, let me explain to you the Advantages & Disadvantages of Unlocking a Bootloader.
Advantages of Unlocking
Here are some Pros or Advantages of Unlocking OnePlus Nord CE
- Easily Root your smartphone.
- Overclock your device’s CPU.
- Uninstall preloaded bloatware apps.
- Take full android backup (Nandroid Backup)
- You can install custom ROMs tweak your kernel.
Disadvantages of Unlocking
Here are some Cons or Disadvantages of Unlocking OnePlus Nord CE
- The phone warranty will get void.
- OnePlus Nord CE will no longer Secure.
- You may face lagging issues on OnePlus Nord CE.
- If anything goes wrong, then your device is bricked.
- Take the full backup of your android.
- You need Windows 10/7/8 running PC/Laptop.
- Download SDK Platform tools and Extract them to your desktop.
- Setup ADB and Fastboot Drivers.
- Original USB Cable that along with your phone.
- Fully Charge your smartphone to prevent errors.
- This guide is only for OnePlus Nord CE. Do not try it on any other android devices.
Steps to Unlock Bootloader on OnePlus Nord CE
As you know, the unlocking process requires a complicated process, but on Samsung devices, it’s straightforward. You can easily unlock your device by following the below steps.
1.) First off, Enable the Developer option, USB Debugging, and OEM Unlocking.
- To do this, go to Settings → About → Software Information → More.
- Tap on Build Number 7-8 times until you see a message “Developer option enabled.”
- Now go back to Settings → Developer Options → Enable USB Debugging as well as OEM unlocking.
- It would be best if you disabled all your Security Locks.
2.) Connect your OnePlus Nord CE smartphone to your PC/Laptop.
3.) Go to the
platform-tools folder and type
cmd in the address bar.
- The command window will open.
4.) On the command window, type the following commands and hit Enter.
- Type the below command to verify if your phone is successfully connected to pc.
- Type the below command to boot OnePlus Nord CE into bootloader/fastboot mode.
adb reboot bootloader
- Now, type the below command to unlock the bootloader on your phone.
fastboot flashing unlock
- After executing the above command, press the Volume Up button to select “UNLOCK THE BOOTLOADER” and press the power button to confirm.
5.) Now your OnePlus Nord CE smartphone will automatically boot into the system OS.
6.) Disconnect your OnePlus Nord CE smartphone.
7.) All Done! This was the easiest way to Unlock Bootloader on OnePlus Nord CE.
Furthermore, you can Install TWRP Recovery and Root OnePlus Nord CE using Magisk. Check out the related articles, and we have shared more guides on OnePlus Nord CE.
Wrapping Up –
So, this is all about how to Unlock Bootloader on OnePlus Nord CE. I have shown you the easiest method to Unlock this smartphone. The method that I have shown you is the universal way of unlocking the bootloader on Samsung phones.
I hope this method worked on your device. If you want to ask any questions related to the guide, please comment down below. We would love to hear from you!