Are you looking for a guide on How to Root Motorola Moto E6 smartphone? If yes, then this guide is for you. I have shown you two methods to Root this device, one with TWRP recovery and the second one without the necessity of TWRP.
If your device doesn’t support TWRP, then you can go with the second step. For this method, we need stock firmware boot image and patch it with Magisk. Now let me tell you why we are using Magisk over other rooting methods like SuperSU.
- 1 What is Magisk?
- 2 About Motorola Moto E6
- 3 What Does Rooting Means?
- 4 Let’s Root Motorola Moto E6 (Beginners Friendly Guide)
- 5 Method 1: Root Motorola Moto E6 using TWRP Recovery
- 6 Method 2: Root Motorola Moto E6 without TWRP Recovery
- 7 How to Verify if your Motorola Moto E6 is Rooted successfully?
What is Magisk?
Magisk is a highly advanced way of rooting android systemless-ly. This means that Magisk root android without changing or modifying the system partition. Hence you can receive OTA updates, run apps that require to pass Google’s SafetyNet tests.
Unlike other methods, you have to struggle a lot to install OTA updates, but with Magisk, you can easily receive updates without any issues. Also, the best part about this method is that you can install Magisk on almost any android device running Android 4.2 to Android 11 (Latest).
This is the reason why we are using Magisk to Root Motorola Moto E6 over other rooting methods.
The Motorola Moto E6 is a newly launched android smartphone. It offers great features for the price. Here is the Key Specification of Motorola Moto E6:
- This phone comes with a 5.45 Inches IPS LCD Display.
- Moto E6 is powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 430 which is an Octa-Core CPU.
- It has 2 GB of RAM and 32 GB of Internal Storage.
- Moving to the OS this device runs on Android 9.0 (Pie).
- Camera – It has a Single Rear-Facing Camera of 13 MP and the Front-Facing camera is a 5 MP shooter.
- Moving to the battery it has a Non-removable Li-Ion 4000 mAh battery.
What Does Rooting Means?
Rooting Android simply means giving a superpower to your phone. It opens up many customization and tweaks for your smartphone. Once you root your phone, you have full control over your Android System files.
You can do the very greatest thing after rooting your device is installing Custom ROM, removing unwanted apps (bloatware), installing Modules, and much more. But before we Root, we must understand the Advantages and Disadvantages of Rooting your device.
- Before proceeding to steps, make sure to Unlock Bootloader on Motorola Moto E6.
- Fully charge your device. If not, then you will be stuck in between the process.
- Take the full backup of your android.
- For method 1: You need to Install TWRP Recovery on Motorola Moto E6.
- For method 2:
- This guide is only for Motorola Moto E6. Please do not try these steps on any other smartphone.
Let’s Root Motorola Moto E6 (Beginners Friendly Guide)
If you are completely new to the rooting community, then don’t worry. We have included everything you need to know about the process of rooting android devices.
As I already mentioned above, this guide includes two types of methods, first by flashing the Magisk installer zip using TWRP recovery and the second method by flashing Magisk patched boot image using fastboot command.
So, let’s quickly jump to the process.
Note: Make sure to read this guide completely to avoid confusion or misunderstanding.
Method 1: Root Motorola Moto E6 using TWRP Recovery
- Download the Latest Magisk Zip file on your Motorola Moto E6 device.
- Move the downloaded zip file to your phone’s external storage.
- Now, Reboot Motorola Moto E6 in TWRP recovery mode.
- Turn Off your phone.
- Press and hold the Volume Down and Power keys together to enter Recovery Mode.
- Alternatively, you can also use the ADB command to boot into recovery mode.
- Connect Motorola Moto E6 to your PC/Laptop.
- Open the Command Prompt on your PC and type the following command.
adb reboot recovery
- This will boot Motorola Moto E6 in recovery mode.
- On TWRP main screen, Tap on Install.
- Locate the Magisk installer zip file and Select it.
- Finally, Swipe the Slider on the bottom of the screen to flash the file and install Magisk on your Motorola Moto E6 phone.
- Once the flashing process completes, Tap on Reboot System.
Now open the Magisk Manager app and check if you see all green checks on the app screen. If you don’t see the app, you can install it from this link.
After successfully applying the above steps, your Motorola Moto E6 device will get root access without any issues. In case you are facing any problems in any steps, let me know in the comments.
Method 2: Root Motorola Moto E6 without TWRP Recovery
- First of all, Download Stock Firmware for Motorola Moto E6.
- Extract the downloaded Stock Firmware zip file.
- Move the boot image file to your phone’s internal storage.
- Download the latest Magisk Manager on your phone and install it.
- Open the app from the app drawer.
- Tap on Install and again tap on Install.
- Next, tap on the Select and Patch a File option.
- Locate the boot image file (e.g., boot.img) and Select it.
- Magisk Manager will patch the boot image file with the latest version of Magisk.
- Once done, the patched boot image (magisk_patched.img) will get saved in the Download folder of the Motorola Moto E6 smartphone.
- Now copy the final patched file to the
platform-toolsfolder on your PC.
- Boot Motorola Moto E6 in Bootloader/Fastboot mode.
- Turn off your device.
- Press and hold the Volume Up + Volume Down and Power keys together to enter Fastboot Mode.
- On your Windows PC, Go to the
platform-toolsfolder and type
cmdin the address bar.
- The command window will open.
- On the command screen, type the following fastboot commands and hit Enter.
- Type the below command to verify if your phone is successfully connected to your PC.
- Now, type the below command to flash the patched boot image file and install Magisk Root on Motorola Moto E6.
fastboot flash boot magisk_patched.img
- Once Done! Finally, Reboot your device by executing the below command.
- Congrats! You have successfully rooted your Motorola Moto E6 with Magisk.
If you can not see Magisk Manager on your Motorola Moto E6 phone, you need to install the APK manually. Here is the link to download the latest Magisk Manager App.
How to Verify if your Motorola Moto E6 is Rooted successfully?
- Download the Magisk Manager app (if you haven’t already).
- Open Magisk Manager app.
- If you see all options with Green Tick, that means your phone has successfully got root privilege.
- As you can see from the above screenshot.
Now, if you want to Unroot your device, it’s very simple and straightforward. You have to follow this guide – Unroot Motorola Moto E6
So, this was the comprehensive guide on how to Root Motorola Moto E6 smartphone. I have tried my best to make this guide as simple as possible. However, if you still encounter any problems while applying the steps, please let me know in the comments. I will try to resolve your issues as soon as possible.