Do you own an OnePlus Nord smartphone? If yes then in this guide I will show you how to Root OnePlus Nord with the advance rooting method Magisk. In this guide, I will show you two methods to Root OnePlus Nord one with TWRP recovery and the second one without the necessity of TWRP.
If your device doesn’t support TWRP then you can go with the second step. For this method, we will use the firmware stock boot image and patch it with Magisk.
This means that Magisk root android without changing or modifying the system partition. Hence you can receive OTA updates, run apps that require to pass Google’s SafetyNet tests. Unlike other methods, you have to struggle a lot to install OTA updates but with Magisk you can easily receive updates without any issues.
Also, the best part about this method is that you can install Magisk on almost any android device running Android 4.2 to Android 10. This is the reason why we are using Magisk to Root OnePlus Nord over other rooting methods.
This OnePlus Nord is the newly launched device by OnePlus. It has some great features, Here is some Key Specification of OnePlus Nord:
- This phone comes with a 6.4 Inches Full HD+ Fluid AMOLED Display.
- OnePlus Nord is powered by Snapdragon 765G, which is an Octa-Core CPU.
- It has 12 GB of RAM and 256 GB of Internal Storage.
- Moving to the OS, this device runs on OxygenOS top of Android 10 (Q).
- Camera – It has a Quad Rear-Facing Camera of 48 MP + 8 MP + 5 MP + 2 MP, and the Front-Facing camera is a Dual 32 MP + 8 MP shooter.
- Moving to the battery, it has a Non-removable Li-Po 4115 mAh battery, and it also supports Fast battery charging.
- It has all the required sensors including Fingerprint (under display, optical), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass.
What Does Rooting Means?
Rooting your device simply means giving a superpower to your phone. Once you root your phone, you have the full control of your Android Device. You can do everything you want to do with your Android System settings.
The very greatest thing you can do after rooting your device is you can install Custom ROM, remove unwanted apps (bloatware), install Modules, and much more. But before we Root, we must understand the Advantages and Disadvantages of Rooting your device.
- Before proceeding to steps make sure to Unlock Bootloader on OnePlus Nord
- Fully charge your device, if not then you will be stuck in between the process.
- Take the complete backup of your android
- For method 1: You must have TWRP Recovery installed on OnePlus Nord
- For method 2:
- This guide is only for OnePlus Nord, please do not try these steps on any other smartphone.
Let’s Root OnePlus Nord (Beginners Friendly Guide)
If you are completely new to the rooting community then don’t worry. We have included everything you need to know about the process of rooting android devices.
As I already mentioned above this guide includes two types of method, first by flashing the Magisk installer zip using TWRP recovery and the second method by flashing Magisk patched boot image using fastboot command.
So, let’s quickly jump to the process.
Note: Make sure to read this guide completely to avoid confusion or misunderstanding.
How to Verify if your OnePlus Nord is Rooted successfully?
- Download the Magisk Manager app (if you haven’t already).
- Open Magisk Manager app.
- If you see all options with Green Tick that means your phone has successfully got root privilege.
- As you can see from the above screenshot.
So, this was the comprehensive guide on how to Root OnePlus Nord smartphone. I have tried my best to make this guide as simple as possible. However, if you still encounter any problems while applying the steps then do let me know in the comments. I will try to resolve your issues as soon as possible.