This guide will show you how to Root Galaxy A7 2018 with the advanced rooting method Magisk. I have shown you two methods to Root this device, one with TWRP recovery and the second one without the necessity of TWRP.
If your device doesn’t support TWRP, then you can go with the second step. For this method, we will use the firmware stock boot image and patch it with Magisk.
This means that Magisk root android without changing or modifying the system partition. Hence you can receive OTA updates, run apps that require to pass Google’s SafetyNet tests. Unlike other methods, you have to struggle a lot to install OTA updates, but with Magisk, you can easily receive updates without any issues.
Also, the best part about this method is that you can install Magisk on almost any android device running Android 4.2 to Android 10. This is the reason why we are using Magisk to Root Galaxy A7 2018 over other rooting methods.
About Samsung Galaxy A7 2018
The Galaxy A7 2018 is the newly launched smartphone. It has some great features. Here is some Key Specification of Galaxy A7 2018:
- This phone comes with a 6 Inches Full HD+ 1080 x 2220 pixels Super AMOLED Display.
- Galaxy A7 2018 is powered by the Exynos 7885, which is an Octa-Core CPU.
- It has 6 GB of RAM and 128 GB of Internal Storage.
- Moving to the OS, this device runs on One UI on top of Android 10 (Q) upgradable.
- Camera – It has a Triple Rear-facing Camera of 24 MP + 8 MP + 5 MP and 24 MP Selfie camera.
- Sensors – This phone supports Fingerprint (side-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity and compass sensors.
- Moving to the battery, it has a Non-removable Li-Po 3300 mAh battery.
// Source: GSMArena
What Does Rooting Means?
Rooting your device simply means giving a superpower to your phone. Once you root your phone, you have full control of your Android Device. You can do everything you want to do with your Android System settings.
You can do the very greatest thing after rooting your device is installing Custom ROM, removing unwanted apps (bloatware), installing Modules, and much more. But before we Root, we must understand the Advantages and Disadvantages of Rooting your device.
- Before proceeding to steps, make sure to Unlock Bootloader on Galaxy A7 2018.
- Fully charge your device. If not, then you will be stuck in between the process.
- Take the full backup of your android.
- For method 1: You need to Install TWRP Recovery on Galaxy A7 2018.
- For method 2:
- Download the latest Odin flash tool.
- Galaxy A7 2018 original USB cable.
- This guide is only for Galaxy A7 2018. Please do not try these steps on any other smartphone.
Let’s Root Galaxy A7 2018 (Beginners Friendly Guide)
If you are completely new to the rooting community, then don’t worry. We have included everything you need to know about the process of rooting android devices.
As I already mentioned above, this guide includes two types of methods, first by flashing the Magisk installer zip using TWRP recovery and the second method by flashing Magisk patched boot image using fastboot command.
So, let’s quickly jump to the process.
Note: Make sure to read this guide completely to avoid confusion or misunderstanding.
Method 1: Root Galaxy A7 2018 with TWRP Recovery
- Download the Latest Magisk Zip file on your Galaxy A7 2018 device.
- Move the downloaded Magisk zip file to your phone’s internal storage.
- Now, boot your phone into TWRP recovery mode.
- Turn Off your phone.
- Press and hold the Volume Up + Power button; as soon as you see the boot screen, release the Power button (do not release the volume up key until you boot into TWRP mode.)
- Otherwise, you can also use the ADB command to boot into recovery mode.
- Connect your phone to PC/Laptop
- Open the command prompt on your PC and type the following command.
adb reboot recovery
- This will boot Galaxy A7 2018 into recovery mode.
- On TWRP main screen, Tap on ‘Install.’
- Locate the Magisk installer zip file and Select it.
- Finally, ‘Swipe the Slider’ on the bottom of the screen to flash the file and install Magisk on your phone.
- Once the flashing process completes, Tap on “Reboot System.”
Now open the Magisk Manager app and check if you see all green checks on the screen. If you don’t see the app, you can install it from this link – Magisk Manager APK.
After successfully applying the above steps, will Root Galaxy A7 2018 without any issues. In case you are facing any problems in any steps, let me know in the comments.
Method 2: Root Galaxy A7 2018 without TWRP Recovery
- Download Stock Firmware for Samsung Galaxy A7.
- Furthermore, Download and Install the latest Samsung USB Drivers on your PC.
- Extract the boot.img file from stock firmware. (Check out this guide.)
- Move the boot image file to your phone’s internal storage.
- Download Magisk Manager Canary APK on your phone and install it.
- Open the app from the app drawer.
- Tap on “Install” and again tap on “Install.”
- Next, tap on the “Select and Patch a File” option.
- Locate the boot image file (e.g., boot.img) and Select it.
- Magisk Manager will patch the boot image file with the latest version of Magisk.
- Once done, the boot image gets patched. It will get saved in the ‘Download folder’ of your phone.
- Copy the magisk_patched.img file to your PC and rename it to boot.img.
- Now, convert boot.img to boot.tar file.
- To do that, right-click on the boot.img file.
- 7-Zip ZS → click on Add to archive.
- Select the Archive format to tar and hit OK.
- Boot Galaxy A7 2018 into ODIN/Download mode.
- Turn off your device.
- You can do so by holding the Volume Down + Volume Up + Power keys simultaneously for a few seconds.
- Release the keys when you get a screen with an exclamation sign.
- Press the Volume Up button to enter the Download Mode.
Do these Steps on PC
- Make sure to install Samsung USB drivers so that your phone gets recognized by your PC.
- Now we have to flash the boot.tar file using ODIN for rooting.
- Download the Odin flash tool and extract the file.
- Run Odin.exe file.
- Connect your Samsung device to the PC. You will see a blue sign in Odin.
- Now, click on AP and select the boot.tar file.
- Go to the Options tab and uncheck the “Auto Reboot” option.
- Now, tap on the Start button to root your device.
- The flashing process will take a few minutes, so be patient. Once done, you will see PASS on the top of Odin.
- Disconnect your Galaxy A7 2018 smartphone.
- Magisk is now successfully flashed to your device! But there are still several steps before you use the device.
- We now want to boot into the stock recovery to factory reset Galaxy A7 2018.
- Press Power + Volume Down to exit download mode, and as soon as the screen turns off, quickly press Volume Up + Power to boot to the recovery partition.
- In the stock recovery menu, use volume buttons to navigate menus and the power button to select the option.
- Select Wipe data/factory reset to wipe the data of the device.
- Finally, select Reboot system now.
- The first boot will take some time.
- Congrats! You have successfully rooted your Galaxy A7 2018 with Magisk.
If you can not see Magisk Manager on your Galaxy A7 2018 phone, you need to install the APK manually. Here is the link to download the latest Magisk Manager APK.
How to Verify if your Galaxy A7 2018 is Rooted successfully?
- Download the Magisk Manager app (if you haven’t already).
- Open Magisk Manager app.
- If you see all options with Green Tick, that means your phone has successfully got root privilege.
- As you can see from the above screenshot.
Now, if you want to Unroot this device, it’s very simple and straightforward. You have to follow this guide – Unroot Galaxy A7 2018
So, this was the comprehensive guide on how to Root Galaxy A7 2018 smartphone. I have tried my best to make this guide as simple as possible. However, if you still encounter any problems while applying the steps, please let me know in the comments. I will try to resolve your issues as soon as possible.