This guide will show you How to Root Samsung Galaxy M51 with the advanced rooting method Magisk. I have shown you two methods to Root this device, one with TWRP recovery and the second one without the requirement of TWRP.
If your device doesn’t support TWRP, then you can go with the second step. For this method, we need the stock firmware of the Samsung Galaxy M51. After that, we need to extract the boot image and patch it with Magisk.
Now let me tell you why we are using Magisk over other rooting methods like SuperSU.
What is Magisk?
Magisk is a highly advanced way of rooting android systemless-ly. This means that Magisk root android without changing or modifying the system partition. Hence you can receive OTA updates, run apps that need to pass Google’s SafetyNet test.
Unlike other methods, you have to struggle a lot to install OTA updates, but with Magisk, you can easily receive updates without any issues. The best part about this method is that you can install Magisk on almost any android device running Android 4.2 to Android 11 (Latest).
This is the reason why we are using Magisk to Root Samsung Galaxy M51 over other rooting methods.
The Samsung Galaxy M51 is a newly launched android smartphone. It offers great features for the price. Here is the Key Specification of this smartphone:
- This phone comes with a 6.7 Inches Full HD+ 1080 x 2400 pixels Super AMOLED Display.
- Samsung Galaxy M51 is powered by the Snapdragon 730G which is an Octa-Core CPU.
- It has 8 GB of RAM and 128 GB of Internal Storage.
- Moving to the OS this device runs on Android 10 (Q) One UI.
- It has a Quad Rear-Facing Camera of 64 MP + 12 MP + 5 MP + 5 MP and the Front-Facing is a 32 MP camera.
- Moving to the battery it has a Non-removable 7000 mAh battery which also supports Fast battery charging.
- It has the following sensors: Fingerprint (side-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass.
What Does Rooting Means?
Rooting Android simply means giving a superpower to your phone. It opens up many customization and tweaks for your smartphone. Once you root your phone, you have full control over your Android System files.
You can do the very greatest thing after rooting your device is installing Custom ROM, removing unwanted apps (bloatware), installing Modules, and much more. But before we Root, we must understand the Advantages and Disadvantages of Rooting your device.
Advantages of Rooting
Here are some Pros or Advantages of Rooting Samsung Galaxy M51
- You can install Custom ROM on your device.
- Update your Phone to a newer version of Android.
- Easily install Incompatible Apps on your phone.
- You can flash Custom Kernel to increase device performance.
- Take Complete Backup of your Android using NANDroid backup.
Disadvantages of Rooting
Here are some Cons or Disadvantages of Rooting Samsung Galaxy M51
- The phone warranty will get void.
- Samsung Galaxy M51 will no longer Secure.
- You may face lagging issues on Samsung Galaxy M51.
- While Rooting, if you miss out on any steps, then your device might get bricked.
- Before proceeding to steps, make sure to Unlock Bootloader on Samsung Galaxy M51.
- Fully charge your device. If not, then you will be stuck in between the process.
- Take the full backup of your android.
- For method 1: You need to Install TWRP Recovery on Samsung Galaxy M51.
- For method 2:
- This guide is only for Samsung Galaxy M51. Please do not try these steps on any other smartphone.
Let’s Root Samsung Galaxy M51 (Beginners Friendly Guide)
If you are completely new to the rooting community, then don’t worry. We have included everything you need to know about the process of rooting android devices.
As I already mentioned above, this guide includes two types of methods, first by flashing the Magisk installer zip using TWRP recovery and the second method by flashing Magisk patched boot image using fastboot command.
So, let’s quickly jump to the process.
Note: Make sure to read this guide completely to avoid confusion or misunderstanding.
Method 1: Root Samsung Galaxy M51 using TWRP Recovery
- Download the Latest Magisk Zip file on your Samsung Galaxy M51 device.
- Move the downloaded zip file to your phone’s external storage.
- Now, Reboot Samsung Galaxy M51 in TWRP recovery mode.
- Turn Off your phone.
- Press and hold the
Volume Up + Power buttonuntil you see the boot screen, release the Power button (do not release the volume up key until you boot into TWRP mode.)
- Alternatively, you can also use the ADB command to boot into recovery mode.
- Connect Samsung Galaxy M51 to your PC/Laptop.
- Open the Command Prompt on your PC and type the following command.
adb reboot recovery
- This will boot Samsung Galaxy M51 in recovery mode.
- On TWRP main screen, Tap on “Install.”
- Locate the Magisk installer zip file and Select it.
- Finally, Swipe the Slider on the bottom of the screen to flash the file and install Magisk on your Samsung Galaxy M51 phone.
- Once the flashing process completes, Tap on Reboot System.
Now open the Magisk App and check if you see all green checks on the app screen. If you don’t see the app, you can manually download and install it.
After successfully applying the above steps, your Samsung Galaxy M51 device will get root access without any issues. In case you are facing any problems in any steps, let me know in the comments.
Method 2: Root Samsung Samsung Galaxy M51 without TWRP Recovery
- Download Stock Firmware for Samsung Galaxy M51.
- Extract the
boot.imgfile from stock firmware. (Check out this guide.)
- Move the boot image file to your phone’s internal storage.
- Install the latest Magisk App on your phone.
- Open the app from the app drawer.
- Tap on “Install” and then tap on “Next.”
- Next, tap on the “Select and Patch a File” option.
- Locate the boot image file (e.g.,
boot.img) and Select it.
- Magisk Manager will patch the boot image file with the latest version of Magisk.
- Once done, the boot image gets patched. It will get saved in the Download folder of your phone.
- Copy the
magisk_patched.imgfile to your PC and rename it to boot.img.
- Now, convert boot.img to boot.tar file.
- To do that, right-click on the boot.img file.
- 7-Zip ZS → click on Add to archive.
- Select the Archive format to tar and hit ok.
- Boot Samsung Galaxy M51 into ODIN/Download mode.
- Turn off your device.
- You can do so by holding the
Volume Down + Volume Up + Power keyssimultaneously for a few seconds.
- Release the keys when you get a screen with an exclamation sign.
- Press Volume Up key to enter the Download Mode.
Do these Steps on PC
- Now we have to flash the
boot.tarfile using ODIN for rooting.
- Download the Odin flash tool and extract the file.
- Connect your Samsung Galaxy M51 device to the PC. You will see a blue sign in Odin.
- Now, click on AP and select the
- Go to the Options tab and uncheck the Auto Reboot option.
- Now, tap on the Start button to root your device.
- The flashing process will take a few minutes, so be patient. Once done, you will see PASS on the top of Odin.
- Disconnect your Samsung Galaxy M51 smartphone.
- Magisk is now successfully flashed to your device! But there are still several steps before you use the device.
- We now want to boot into the stock recovery to factory reset Samsung Galaxy M51.
Power + Volume Downto exit download mode, and as soon as the screen turns off, quickly press
Volume Up + Powerto boot to the recovery partition.
- In the Stock Recovery menu, use volume buttons to navigate menus and the power button to select the option.
- Select Wipe data/factory reset to wipe the data of the device.
- Finally, select Reboot system now.
- The first boot will take some time.
- Congrats! You have successfully rooted your Samsung Galaxy M51 with Magisk.
If you can not see Magisk Manager on your Samsung Galaxy M51 phone, you need to install the APK manually.
How to Verify if your Samsung Galaxy M51 is Rooted successfully?
- Download Root Checker app from Google Play Store.
- Open the app and tap on “Verify Root.”
- If your device is rooted successfully, you will see this message “Congratulations! Root access is properly installed on this device!”.
- As you can see from the above screenshot.
Now, if you want to Unroot your device, it’s very simple and straightforward. You have to follow this guide on How to Unroot Samsung Galaxy M51.
So, this was a comprehensive guide on how to Root Samsung Galaxy M51 smartphone. I have tried my best to make this guide as simple as possible.
However, if you still encounter any problems while implementing the steps, please let me know in the comments. I will try to resolve your issues as soon as possible.