This guide will show you How to Root Xiaomi Mix Fold 2 with the advanced rooting method Magisk. I have shown you two methods to Root this device, one with TWRP recovery and the second one without the requirement of TWRP.
If your device doesn’t support TWRP, then you can go with the second step. For this method, we need the stock firmware of Xiaomi Mix Fold 2. After that, we need to extract the boot image and patch it with Magisk.
Now let me tell you why we are using Magisk over other rooting methods like SuperSU.
- 1 What is Magisk?
- 2 About Xiaomi Mix Fold 2
- 3 What Does Rooting Means?
- 4 Let’s Root Xiaomi Mix Fold 2 (Beginners Friendly Guide)
- 5 Conclusion
What is Magisk?
Magisk is a highly advanced way of rooting android systemless-ly. This means that Magisk root android without changing or modifying the system partition. Hence you can receive OTA updates, and run apps that need to pass Google’s SafetyNet test.
Unlike other methods, you have to struggle a lot to install OTA updates, but with Magisk, you can easily receive updates without any issues. The best part about this method is that you can install Magisk on almost any android device running Android 4.2 to Android 11 (Latest).
This is the reason why we are using Magisk to Root Xiaomi Mix Fold 2 over other rooting methods.
The Xiaomi Mix Fold 2 is a newly launched android smartphone. It offers great features for the price. Here is the Key Specification of Xiaomi Mix Fold 2:
What Does Rooting Means?
Rooting Android simply means giving a superpower to your phone. It opens up many customization and tweaks for your smartphone. Once you root your phone, you have full control over your Android System files.
You can do the very greatest thing after rooting your device installing Custom ROM, removing unwanted apps (bloatware), installing Modules, and much more. But before we Root, we must understand the Advantages and Disadvantages of Rooting your device.
Advantages of Rooting
Here are some Pros or Advantages of Rooting Xiaomi Mix Fold 2
- You can install Custom ROM on your device.
- Update your Phone to a newer version of Android.
- Easily install Incompatible Apps on your phone.
- You can flash Custom Kernel to increase device performance.
- Take Complete Backup of your Xiaomi Device using NANDroid backup.
Disadvantages of Rooting
Here are some Cons or Disadvantages of Rooting Xiaomi Mix Fold 2
- The phone warranty will get void.
- Xiaomi Mix Fold 2 will no longer be Secure.
- You may face lagging issues on Xiaomi Mix Fold 2.
- While Rooting, if you miss out on any steps, then your device might get bricked.
- Before proceeding to the steps, make sure to Unlock the Bootloader on Xiaomi Mix Fold 2.
- Fully charge your device. If not, then you will be stuck in between the process.
- Take the full backup of your Xiaomi android.
- Download Latest Magisk App on your phone.
- For method 1: You need to Install TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Mix Fold 2.
- For method 2:
- This guide is only for Xiaomi Mix Fold 2. Please do not try these steps on any other smartphone.
Let’s Root Xiaomi Mix Fold 2 (Beginners Friendly Guide)
If you are completely new to the rooting android community, then don’t worry. We have included everything you need to know about the process of rooting android devices.
As I already mentioned above, this guide includes two types of methods, first by flashing the Magisk installer zip using TWRP recovery, and the second method by flashing Magisk patched boot image using fastboot command.
So, let’s quickly jump to the process.
Note: Make sure to read this guide completely to avoid confusion or misunderstanding.
Method 1: Root Xiaomi Mix Fold 2 using TWRP Recovery
- Download the Latest Magisk Zip and Lazy flasher Zip file on your Xiaomi Mix Fold 2 device.
- Move the downloaded zip file to your phone’s external storage.
- Now, Reboot Xiaomi Mix Fold 2 in TWRP recovery mode.
- Turn Off your phone.
- Press and hold the
Volume Up + Power buttonuntil you see the boot screen, release the Power button (do not release the volume up key until you boot into TWRP mode.)
- Alternatively, you can also use the ADB command to boot into recovery mode.
- Connect Xiaomi Mix Fold 2 to your PC/Laptop.
- Open the Command Prompt on your PC and type the following command.
adb reboot recovery
- This will boot Xiaomi Mix Fold 2 in recovery mode.
- On TWRP main screen, Tap on “Install.”
- Locate the Magisk installer zip file and Select it.
- Finally, “Swipe the Slider” on the bottom of the screen to flash the file and install Magisk on your Xiaomi Mix Fold 2 phone.
- Next, flash Lazy flasher Zip on your device.
- Once the flashing process completes, Tap on Reboot System.
Now open the Magisk App and check if you see all green checks on the app screen. If you don’t see the app, you can manually download and install it.
After successfully applying the above steps, your Xiaomi Mix Fold 2 device will get root access without any issues. In case you are facing any problems in any steps, let me know in the comments.
Method 2: Root Xiaomi Mix Fold 2 without TWRP Recovery
- First of all, Download Stock Firmware for Xiaomi Mix Fold 2.
- Extract the downloaded Firmware zip file.
- Move the boot image file to your phone’s internal storage.
- Download the latest Magisk App on your phone and install it. (Link is available in the requirement section)
- Open the app from the app drawer.
- Tap on Install and again tap on Install.
- Next, tap on the “Select and Patch a File” option.
- Locate the boot image file (e.g.,
boot.img) and Select it.
- Magisk App will patch the boot image file with the latest version of Magisk package.
- Once done, the patched boot image (
magisk_patched.img) will get saved in the Download folder of the Xiaomi Mix Fold 2 smartphone.
- Now copy the final patched file to the
platform-toolsfolder on your PC.
- Boot Xiaomi Mix Fold 2 in Bootloader/Fastboot mode.
- Turn off your device.
- You can do so by holding the
Volume Down + Powerkeys simultaneously for a few seconds.
- Release the keys when you see Bunny logo.
- On your Windows PC, Go to the
platform-toolsfolder and type
cmdin the address bar.
- The command window will open.
- On the command screen, type the following fastboot commands and hit Enter.
- Type the below command to verify if your phone is successfully connected to your PC.
- Now, type the below command to flash the patched boot image file and install Magisk Root on Xiaomi Mix Fold 2.
fastboot flash boot magisk_patched.img
- Once Done! Finally, Reboot your device by executing the below command.
- Congrats! You have successfully rooted your Xiaomi Mix Fold 2 with Magisk.
If you can not see Magisk Manager on your Xiaomi Mix Fold 2 phone, you need to install the APK manually. You will find the link in the requirement section of this guide.
How to Verify if your Xiaomi Mix Fold 2 is Rooted successfully?
- Download Root Checker app from Google Play Store.
- Open the app and tap on “Verify Root.”
- If your device is rooted successfully, you will see this message “Congratulations! Root access is properly installed on this device!”.
- As you can see from the above screenshot.
Now, if you want to Unroot your device, it’s very simple and straightforward. You have to follow this guide on How to Unroot Xiaomi Mix Fold 2.
So, this was the comprehensive guide on how to Root Xiaomi Mix Fold 2 smartphone. I have tried my best to make this guide as simple as possible.
However, if you still encounter any problems while implementing the steps, please let me know in the comments. I will try to resolve your issues as soon as possible.