Install Custom ROM On Sony Xperia 1
In this article, I have come with the guide on How To Install Custom ROM On Sony Xperia 1. This guide will have No Risks of bricking or harming your Sony Xperia 1.
Also, This will be the easiest method to Install Custom ROM On Sony Xperia 1. To flash ROM we will use TWRP Recovery as it is very convenient and super easy to Flash Files and ROM’s.
About Sony Xperia 1
This Sony Xperia 1 is the newly launched device by Sony. It has some great features, Here is some Key Specification of Sony Xperia 1:
- This phone comes with a 6.5 Inches OLED Display which is protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 6
- Sony Xperia 1 is powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 which is an Octa-Core CPU
- It has 6GB of RAM and 128GB of Internal Storage
- Moving to the OS this device runs on Android 9.0 (Pie)
- Camera – It has a Triple Rear-Facing Camera of 12MP + 12MP + 12MP and the Front-Facing camera is an 8MP shooter
- Moving to the battery it has a Non-removable Li-Ion 3330 mAh battery.
What Is Custom ROM?
Custom ROM is a modified version of the ROM. Custom ROM comes with lots of cool features and customizations that your original ROM does not have. You can install Custom ROM with the help of custom recovery weather its TWRP Recovery.
I recommend websites like XDA Developers as they are the most trusted place to download ROM. Any ROM will work as long it is made for your specific device.
Advantages Of Installing Custom ROM On Sony Xperia 1
- You will be able to Remove Bloatware
- Upgrade Your Phone To Latest Version Of Android
- Experience New User Interface/ Custom Design
- You will get lots of customizations
Disadvantages Of Installing Custom ROM On Sony Xperia 1
- Your phone warranty will be void
- If you missed any steps your phone will be stuck in a boot loop
- You will not get OTA Updates
- You have manually Update your phone
Pre Requirements Before You Install Custom ROM On Sony Xperia 1
- Important Step: Install TWRP Recovery On Sony Xperia 1
- Fully Charge Your Sony Xperia 1 Smartphone
- To Install Custom ROM On Sony Xperia 1, Your Phone Must Be Rooted. Follow this guide on How To Root Sony Xperia 1
- Also, Unlock Bootloader Of Sony Xperia 1
- Make Sure To Move Your ROM File To Internal Storage
Install Custom ROM On Sony Xperia 1 Using TWRP Recovery
1.) First Off Enable USB Debugging On Sony Xperia 1
- Go To Settings >> About Phone >> Now Tap On Build Number 6-7 Times >> Now Go Back >> Go To Advanced Settings >> Developer Options >> Enable USB Debugging
2.) Now Download Custom ROM For Sony Xperia 1 From Google.
3.) Move The ROM File To Your Phone Internal Storage
- Next Power Off Your Device >> After That Boot Into TWRP Recovery
4.) Take Backup Of Your Previous ROM
5.) Once The Backup Process Completes
Now let’s Proceed To Flashing Process
6.) Go Back To Main Menu >> Tap On “Wipe & Swipe To Factory Reset”
- Go Back >> Again Tap On Wipe >> Advanced Wipe >> Check “System” >> Now “Swipe To Wipe”
- After That Tap On Home Button >> Tap On Install >> Locate The ROM & Select It >> Now “Swipe To Confirm Flash”
7.) That’s It 🙂 You Have Successfully Install Custom ROM On Sony Xperia 1.
Related Article: How To Unroot Sony Xperia 1
Final Words: So, that’s the easiest way to Install Custom ROM On Sony Xperia 1. If you want to ask any questions related to Installing Custom ROM then make sure to comment down below. We would love to hear from you!