Unlock Bootloader On Honor 9X
Do you want to know How To Unlock Bootloader On Honor 9X then you are at the right place? Today in this article I will guide you step-by-step on How To Unlock Bootloader On Honor 9X. I have shown you the easiest method to unlock the bootloader.
About Honor 9X
This Honor 9X is the newly launched device by Huawei. It has some great features, Here is some Key Specification of Honor 9X:
- This phone comes with a 6.59 Inches Full HD+ 1080 x 2340 pixels LTPS IPS LCD Display which is protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- Honor 9X is powered by the HiSilicon Kirin 810 which is an Octa-Core CPU
- It has 4/6 GB of RAM and 64/128 GB of Internal Storage
- Moving to the OS this device runs on EMUI 9.1 on top of Android 9.0 (Pie)
- Camera – It has a Dual Rear-Facing Camera of 48 MP + 2 MP and the Front-Facing camera is a Motorized pop-up 16 MP camera
- Moving to the battery it has a Non-removable Li-Po 4000 mAh battery which also supports Fast battery charging at 10W
- Sensors: It has the following Fingerprint (side-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass sensors.
Why To Unlock Bootloader
The bootloader is usually locked on an Android device the manufacturer wants you to stick to their Android Version, OS Version specifically designed for your phone.
Once you Unlock Bootloader On your phone you can Customize Your Phone, Install Custom ROM, Custom Kernel for your Android Device.
But before we proceed to Unlocking process. Let me explain to you the Advantages & Disadvantages of Unlocking Bootloader.
Related Article: Install Custom ROM On Honor 9X
Advantages Of Unlocking Bootloader
- Install Custom ROM’s Once You Unlock The Bootloader
- After Unlocking Bootloader You Can Root Honor 9X
- You Can Easily Install TWRP Recovery On Honor 9X
- Increase Your Phone Performance
Disadvantages Of Unlocking Bootloader
- Once You Unlock Your Phone Warranty Will Be Void
- You Might Face Problems With OTA Updates
- While Rooting Or Installing Custom ROM You Might Get Stuck Into Boot Loop
Purchase Unlock Code For Honor 9X
As you might know that Huawei has stopped providing unlock code. So, you won’t be able to unlock the bootloader of any Huawei smartphones for now. But there are third-party services available from which you can buy unlock codes to unlock your phone bootloader.
If you are a Huawei user then you might know that Huawei provides unlock code for free but now you have to pay to get unlock code. Below I have mentioned the sites from which you can buy unlock code to unlock the bootloader of Honor 9X.
Steps To Unlock Bootloader On Honor 9X
1.) First Off We Need To Enable Developer Options For That Go To Settings >> About Phone >> Now Tap On Build Number 6-7 Times
- Now Go Back >> Go To Advanced Settings >> Developer Options
- Enable OEM Unlock Option
2.) Now Setup ADB And Fastboot On Windows (Important Step)
3.) Once Done Go To Platform Tools Folder >> Type “cmd” In The Address Bar & Press Enter To Open Command Prompt
4.) Boot Your Phone Into Fastboot Mode
- Power Off Your Phone >> Now Press & Hold Volume Up + Power Button Together Till You See Boot Logo
5.) Once Done Now Connect Your Honor 9X To PC/ Laptop Using USB Cable.
6.) Now On Command Window Type The Following Command
adb reboot bootloader
- Hit Enter, Now To Unlock Bootloader Type The Following Command
fastboot oem unlock .......
(Replace ……. With Unlock Code) You, Will, Get Your Unlock Code On Your Mail. Hit Enter
7.) That’s It 🙂 You Have Successfully Unlocked The Bootloader Of Honor 9X.
Related Article: How To Unroot Honor 9X
Final Words: So, this is all about How To Unlock Bootloader On Honor 9X. I hope this method worked on your Honor 9X smartphone.
If you want to ask any questions related to Unlock Bootloader then make sure to comment down below. We would love to hear from you!