Do you want to know How To Unlock Bootloader On LG K51S then you are at the right place? Today in this article I will guide you step-by-step on How To Unlock Bootloader Of LG K51S. I have shown you the easiest method to unlock the bootloader.
This LG K51S is the newly launched device by LG. It has some great features, Here is some Key Specification of LG K51S:
- This phone comes with a 6.5 Inches HD+720 x 1600 pixels IPS LCD Display.
- LG K51S is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon which is an Octa-Core CPU.
- It has 3 GB of RAM and 64 GB of Internal Storage.
- Moving to the OS this device runs on Android 10.0.
- Camera – It has a Quad Rear-Facing Camera of 32 MP + 5 MP + 2 MP + 2 MP and the Front-Facing camera is 13 MP shooter.
- Moving to the battery it has a Non-removable Li-Po 4000 mAh battery.
- Sensors: It has the following Fingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, proximity, sensor.
Why Unlock Bootloader
The bootloader is usually locked on an Android device the manufacturer wants you to stick to their Android Version, OS Version specifically designed for your phone.
Once you Unlock Bootloader of your phone you can Customize Your Phone, Install Custom ROM, Custom Kernel for your Android Device.
But before we proceed to the Unlocking process. Let me explain to you the Advantages & Disadvantages of Unlocking the Bootloader.
Related Article: Install Custom ROM On LG K51S
Advantages Of Unlocking Bootloader
- Install Custom ROM’s Once You Unlock The Bootloader
- After Unlocking Bootloader You Can Root LG K51S
- You Can Easily Install TWRP Recovery On LG K51S
- Increase Your Phone Performance
Disadvantages Of Unlocking Bootloader
- Once You Unlock Your Phone Warranty Will Be Void
- You Might Face Problems With OTA Updates
- While Rooting Or Installing Custom ROM You Might Get Stuck Into Boot Loop
Pre-Requirements Before Your Unlock The Bootloader
- You Need A PC/ Laptop To Unlock The Bootloader
- Make Sure To Setup ADB And Fastboot On Windows (Important Step)
- Charge Your Phone To 100% Or Minimum 75%
- Easily Take Complete Backup Of Your Android
- This Guide Is Only LG K51S Do Not Try This Method On Other Devices
Steps To Unlock Bootloader On LG K51S
1.) First Off We Need To Enable Developer Options For That Go To Settings >> About Phone >> Now Tap On Build Number 6-7 Times
2.) Now Go Back >> Go To Advanced Settings >> Developer Options >> And Enable OEM Unlocking Option
Make Sure Setup ADB And Fastboot On Windows (Important Step)
3.) Once You Successfully Install ADB & Fastboot Drivers. Now Its Time To Take Backup Of Your Files. So, To Do That Follow These Steps:
- Go To “Settings” >> Tap On “Backup And Reset”
- Now You Have To Check Both “Back Up My Data” And “Automatic Restore” Options. Then, Tap On “Backup Account” >> Add Your Google account
- Again Go To “Settings” >> Tap On “Google” Under “ACCOUNTS” Section. Choose Your Android data Which You Want To Be Synced
4.) Now You Need IMEI Number Of Your Phone. “Dial *#06# To Get IMEI Number Of LG V40 ThinQ”
Now Let’s Proceed To Unlocking Procedure
5.) Once Done Head Over To Your PC. And Go To Platform Tools Folder >> Type “cmd” In The Address Bar & Press Enter To Open Command Prompt
6.) Boot Your Phone Into Fastboot Mode
- Power Off Your Phone >> Now Press & Hold Volume Up + Power Button Together Till You See Boot Logo
5.) Once Done Now Connect Your LG K51S To PC/ Laptop Using USB Cable.
6.) Now On-Command Window Type The Following Command
adb reboot bootloader
- Now We Have To Get The Device Id For That Type The Following Command
fastboot oem device-id
- After That You, Will See This Message. Example:
$ fastboot oem device id
( bootloader )—————————————————
( bootloader ) Device ID.
( bootloader ) CJM58B679A38P6B613ED918F27D05E013
( bootloader ) F93190ND558261DBAC4484E8EF8789B1
( bootloader )—————————————————
- We Need Device ID To Get The Unique Unlock ID For LG V40 ThinQ.
- Combine Both ID’s & Paste The ID. Example:
7.) Now Copy Device ID And IMEI Number Of LG V40 ThinQ
8.) Go To LG Developer Website >> Scroll Down >> And Click On “Start Unlocking the Bootloader”
9.) On Next Step, You Will Be Asked To Fill Your Phones Account Details
Paste “Device ID” & “IMEI number” That You Copy
10.) After That Click On “Confirm” Button
11.) Once You Confirm You Will Get An Email From LG Along With A File “unlock.bin” File. Just Download It And Move The File To ADB And Fastboot Folder
12.) Now On-Command Window Type The Following Command
fastboot flash unlock unlock.bin
- Hit Enter >> Now-Again Type Last Command To Reboot Your Phone
13.) That’s It 🙂 You Have Successfully Unlocked The Bootloader Of LG K51S. Now you can Flash SuperSu, Custom ROM, TWRP Recovery, & Custom Kernel.
Related Article: How To Unroot LG K51S
Final Words: So, this is all about How To Unlock Bootloader On LG K51S. I hope this method worked on your LG K51S smartphone.
If you want to ask any questions related to Unlock Bootloader then make sure to comment down below. We would love to hear from you!