Today in this article I will show you how to Unlock Bootloader on Micromax In Note 1. I have shown you the easiest method to unlock the bootloader on this device.
For this guide, we will use ADB and Fastboot commands to unlock this phone. The process is very simple and straightforward you just have to follow each and every step carefully. Before you apply the steps make sure to first read the complete guide to avoid confusion.
About Micromax In Note 1
This In Note 1 is the newly launched device by Micromax. It has some great features, Here is some Key Specification of Micromax In Note 1:
- This phone comes with a 6.6 Inches Full HD+ 1080 x 2400 pixels IPS LCD Display.
- Micromax In Note 1 is powered by the MediaTek Helio G85 which is an Octa-Core CPU.
- It has 4 GB of RAM and 128 GB of Internal Storage.
- Moving to the OS this device runs on Android 10 (Q) Stock Android.
- Camera – It has a Quad Rear facing Camera of 48 MP + 5 MP + 2 MP + 2 MP and 16 MP Selfie camera.
- Moving to the battery it has a Non-removable Li-Po 5000 mAh battery. The battery in this phone supports Fast charging at 18 W.
Why Unlock Bootloader?
The Bootloader is usually locked on an Android device the phone manufacturer wants you to stick to their Android Version, OS Version specifically designed for your smartphone.
Once you Unlock Bootloader on your phone you can Customize your phone, install Custom ROM, Custom Kernel for your phone. But before we proceed to the Unlocking process.
Unlocking the Bootloader is the primary step for rooting and flashing custom ROMs on Android devices.
Let me explain to you the Advantages & Disadvantages of Unlocking the Bootloader.
Related Article: Install Custom ROM On Micromax In Note 1
Benefits of Unlocking Bootloader
- Once you Unlock Bootloader, you can install Custom ROMs.
- You can easily Root Micromax In Note 1
- Install TWRP Recovery or any Custom Recovery on your phone.
- Easily remove preinstalled apps.
- You can enhance your device performance by customizing android.
Disadvantages of Unlocking Bootloader
- Your phone Warranty will be Void.
- By unlocking the bootloader your device will be no more secure.
- You may face Problems with receiving OTA Updates.
- If you apply any wrong steps then your phone might get Stuck into Boot Loop.
- You need a PC or Laptop to Unlock the Bootloader.
- Charge your phone to 100% or a minimum of 75% battery.
- Make sure to Setup ADB and Fastboot on Windows (Important Step)
- Enable the Developer option on Micromax In Note 1.
- Go to your Settings → About phone → Version -> Tap on the Build number 7-8 times until you see a message “Developer option enabled”
- Enable USB debugging on Micromax In Note 1.
- Go to additional settings → Developer option → enable USB debugging and OEM Unlocking
- You must Take Complete Backup of your Android.
- This guide will only work on Micromax In Note 1, So do not try this guide on any other android devices.
Let’s Unlock Bootloader on Micromax In Note 1 (Beginners Guide)
As you know that unlocking your device bootloader is every first step for rooting android. So, if you want to root your phone or want to customize your phone by installing mods then you must follow this guide until the end.
Importantly you must take a complete backup of your Micromax In Note 1 as this process will wipe out all your data.
Note: Make sure to read this guide completely to avoid confusion or misunderstanding.
- Download the Latest SDK Platform tools. (Ignore this step if you already have it.)
- Connect your Micromax In Note 1 to PC/Laptop.
- Go to the Platform-tools folder and type ‘cmd’ in the address bar then press Enter.
- Execute the below command to check if your device is connected to PC successfully.
- Now type the below command to unlock the bootloader.
fastboot oem unlock
- Reboot your device by executing the below command.
- You can now disconnect your phone.
- That’s it, you have successfully Unlocked the Bootloader on Micromax In Note 1.
Once you have unlocked the bootloader, now it time to flash TWRP Recovery and Root this device. We have written a detailed guide on how to Root In Note 1 and Install TWRP Recovery on In Note 1, make sure to check it out.
So, I have shown you the complete guide on how to Unlock Bootloader on Micromax In Note 1 in a step by step manner. The method which I have shown you is an official way to unlock the bootloader.
If you want to ask any questions related to this guide then make sure to comment down below. We would love to hear from you!