Unlock Bootloader Of LG G8s ThinQ
Do you want to know How To Unlock Bootloader Of LG G8s ThinQ then you are at the right place? Today in this article I will guide you step-by-step on How To Unlock Bootloader Of LG G8s ThinQ. I have shown you the easiest method to unlock the bootloader.
Make sure to read this guide till the end because there are some Notes and Warnings in between the steps. So, reading the complete guide will prevent errors. However, Unlocking your phone’s Bootloader totally depends on your needs.
Note: Use These Methods With Your Own Risk! MyPhoneUpdate is not responsible for any damage to your phone.
About LG G8s ThinQ
This LG G8s ThinQ is having a 6.2 Inch Full HD Plus 1080 x 2248 pixels AMOLED capacitive touchscreen which is protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 5. LG G8s ThinQ is powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 chipset which is an Octa-Core CPU. It has 6GB of RAM and 128GB of Internal Storage.
It’s a dual-SIM device with a dedicated micro SD card slot. Moving to the OS this device runs on Android 9.0 (Pie).
On talking about the camera it has a Triple Rear-Facing Camera of 12MP + 13MP (Wide Angle Lens) + 12MP (Telephoto Lens). It has Dual Front-Facing camera of the 8MP + TOF camera.
Now moving to the battery it has a Non-removable Li-Po 3550 mAh battery which also supports Quick Charge 3.0 as well as Wireless charging support. We also have a Fingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, barometer sensors.
Related Article: How To Root LG G8s ThinQ
Why To Unlock Bootloader
The bootloader is usually locked on an Android device the manufacturer wants you to stick to their Android Version, OS Version specifically designed for your phone.
Once you Unlock Bootloader of your phone you can Customize Your Phone, Install Custom ROM, Custom Kernel for your Android Device.
The bootloader is a very useful feature which will allow you to Install Custom Recoveries, Root Your Device. Also if you are a Custom Rom lover then in order to install custom ROM you have to unlock the bootloader of your device.
But before we proceed to Unlock Bootloader Of LG G8s ThinQ. Let me explain to you the Advantages & Disadvantages of Unlocking Bootloader Of LG G8s ThinQ.
Advantages Of Unlocking Bootloader Of LG G8s ThinQ
- You can Install Custom ROM’s once you unlock the bootloader
- After Unlocking Bootloader you can Root your phone
- You can easily Install TWRP Recovery & CWM Recovery on your phone
- Install a Custom Kernel to increase your phone performance
- You will be able to Remove Pre Installed Bloatware
Disadvantages Of Unlocking Bootloader Of LG G8s ThinQ
- Once you unlock your phone bootloader your Phone Warranty will be Void
- You might face Problems With OTA Updates
- While Rooting Or Installing Custom ROM you might get Stuck Into Boot Loop
Pre-Requirements Before Your Unlock The Bootloader
- You Need A PC/ Laptop To Unlock The Bootloader
- Make Sure Setup ADB And Fastboot On Windows (Important Step)
- Charge Your Phone To 100% Or Minimum 75%
- Take Complete Backup Of Your Phone
- This Guide Is Only For LG G8s ThinQ Do Not Try This Method On Other Devices
Steps To Unlock Bootloader On LG G8s ThinQ
Step 1: First Off We Need To Enable Developer Options For That Go To Settings >> About Phone >> Now Tap On Build Number 6-7 Times
Step 2: Now Go Back >> Go To Advanced Settings >> Developer Options >> And Enable OEM Unlocking Option
Make Sure Setup ADB And Fastboot On Windows
Step 3: Once You Successfully Install ADB & Fastboot Drivers. Now Its Time To Take Backup Of Your Files. So, To Do That Follow These Steps:
- Go To “Settings” >> Tap On “Backup And Reset”
- Now You Have To Check Both “Back Up My Data” And “Automatic Restore” Options. Then, Tap On “Backup Account” >> Add Your Google account
- Again Go To “Settings” >> Tap On “Google” Under “ACCOUNTS” Section. Choose Your Android data Which You Want To Be Synced
Step 4: Now You Need IMEI Number Of Your Phone. “Dial *#06# To Get IMEI Number Of LG V40 ThinQ”
Now Let’s Proceed To Unlocking Procedure
Step 5: Once Done Head Over To Your PC. And Go To Platform Tools Folder >> Type “cmd” In The Address Bar & Press Enter To Open Command Prompt
Step 6: Boot Your Phone Into Fastboot Mode
- Power Off Your Phone >> Now Press & Hold Volume Up + Power Button Together Till You See Boot Logo
Step 5: Once Done Now Connect Your LG G8s ThinQ To PC/ Laptop Using USB Cable.
Step 6: Now On Command Window Type The Following Command
adb reboot bootloader
- Now We Have To Get The Device Id For That Type The Following Command
fastboot oem device-id
- After That You, Will See This Message. Example:
$ fastboot oem device id
( bootloader )—————————————————
( bootloader ) Device ID.
( bootloader ) CJM58B679A38P6B613ED918F27D05E013
( bootloader ) F93190ND558261DBAC4484E8EF8789B1
( bootloader )—————————————————
- We Need Device ID To Get The Unique Unlock ID For LG V40 ThinQ.
- Combine Both ID’s & Paste The ID. Example:
Step 7: Now Copy Device ID And IMEI Number Of LG V40 ThinQ
Step 8: Go To LG Developer Website >> Scroll Down >> And Click On “Start Unlocking the Bootloader”
Step 9: On Next Step, You Will Be Asked To Fill Your Phones Account Details
Paste “Device ID” & “IMEI number” That You Copy
Step 10: After That Click On “Confirm” Button
Step 11: Once You Confirm You Will Get An Email From LG Along With A File “unlock.bin” File. Just Download It And Move The File To ADB And Fastboot Folder
Step 12: Now On Command Window Type The Following Command
fastboot flash unlock unlock.bin
- Hit Enter >> Now Again Type Last Command To Reboot Your Phone
Step 7: That’s It 🙂 You Have Successfully Unlocked The Bootloader Of LG G8s ThinQ. Now you can Flash SuperSu, Custom ROM, TWRP Recovery, & Custom Kernel.
Final Words: So, this is all about How To Unlock Bootloader On LG G8s ThinQ. I have shown you the easiest method to Unlock Bootloader Of LG G8s ThinQ. I hope this method worked on your phone. If you want to ask any questions related to Unlock Bootloader then make sure to comment down below. We would love to hear from you!