Unlock Bootloader Of LG Stylo 4
Do you want to know How To Unlock Bootloader Of LG Stylo 4 then you are at the right place? Today in this article I will guide you step-by-step on How To Unlock Bootloader Of LG Stylo 4. I have shown you the easiest method to unlock the bootloader.
About LG Stylo 4
This LG Stylo 4 is having a 5.99 Inch IPS LCD Capacitive Display which is an HD Screen, LG Stylo 4 is powered by the Qualcomm MSM8953 Snapdragon 625 Octa Core Processor which is clocked at 2.0 GHz. This phone comes with Android 8.1 (Oreo) out of the box. It has 4GB of RAM and 64GB of Storage.
On talking about Camera LG Stylo 4 has Dual Rear Camera of 12 MP, f/2.2, 1.25μm, PDAF 5 MP, depth sensor and Front Camera of 16 MP. And this phone has a Battery Capacity of 3080 mAh which is a Non-removable Li-Po battery. LG Stylo 4 was priced at 150 EUR.
Why To Unlock Bootloader
The bootloader is usually locked on an Android device the manufacturer wants you to stick to their Android Version, OS Version specifically designed for your phone.
Once you Unlock Bootloader of your phone you can Customize Your Phone, Install Custom ROM, Custom Kernel for your Android Device.
The bootloader is a very useful feature which will allow you to Install Custom Recoveries, Root Your Device. Also if you are a Custom Rom lover then in order to install custom ROM you have to unlock the bootloader of your device.
Let’s Unlock Bootloader Of LG Stylo 4
But before we proceed to Unlock Bootloader Of LG Stylo 4. let me explain you the Advantages & Disadvantages of Unlocking Bootloader Of LG Stylo 4.
Also Read: Update LG Stylo 4 To Android 9.0 P
Advantages Of Unlocking Bootloader Of LG Stylo 4
- You can Install Custom ROM’s once you unlock the bootloader
- After Unlocking Bootloader you can Root your phone
- You can easily Install TWRP Recovery & CWM Recovery on your phone
- Install Custom Kernel to increase your phone performance
- You will be able to Remove Pre Installed Bloatware
Also Read: Root LG Stylo 4
Disadvantages Of Unlocking Bootloader Of LG Stylo 4
- Once you unlock your phone bootloader your Phone Warranty will be Void
- You might face Problems With OTA Updates
- While Rooting Or Installing Custom ROM you might get Stuck Into Boot Loop
Steps To Unlock Bootloader Of LG Stylo 4
(Note: Take Backup Of Your Phone Internal Storage Because In This Method Your Phone Internal Will Be Erased)
- First Off We Need To Enable Developer Options For That Go To Settings >> About Phone >> Now Tap On Build Number 6-7 Times
- Now Go Back >> Go To Advanced Settings >> Developer Options >> And Enable OEM Unlock Option
- Once Done You Have To Setup ADB & Fastboot On Your PC From Here Download ADB.
Steps To Install ADB Fastboot Drivers On Your PC :
1. Launch it & Allow All The Required Administrator Permissions.
2. After That Click Yes to install ADB and Fastboot.
3. Press Yes to install ADB system wide or No for the current user only
4. Click Yes to install Drivers or No to skip
5. Continue the Driver installation
6. 15 seconds passed – it will finish the process
- Once You Successfully Install ADB & Fastboot Drivers. Now Its Time To Take Backup Of Your Files. So, To Do That Follow These Steps:
Go To “Settings” >> Tap On “Backup And Reset”.
Now You Have To Check Both “Back Up My Data” And “Automatic Restore” Options. Then, Tap On “Backup Account” >> Add Your Google account.
Again Go To “Settings” >> Tap On “Google” Under “ACCOUNTS” Section. Choose Your Android data Which You Want To Be Synced.
- Now You Need IMEI Number Of Your Phone. “Dial *#06# To Get IMEI Number Of LG Stylo 4”
- After That Connect Your LG Stylo 4 Device To PC/Laptop.
- Open Command Prompt And Type The Following Command
adb reboot bootloader
- Now We Have To Get The Device Id For That Type The Following Command
fastboot oem device-id
- After That You, Will See This Message. Example:
$ fastboot oem device id
( bootloader )—————————————————
( bootloader ) Device ID.
( bootloader ) CJM58B679A38P6B613ED918F27D05E013
( bootloader ) F93190ND558261DBAC4484E8EF8789B1
( bootloader )—————————————————
- We Need Device ID To Get The Unique Unlock ID For LG Stylo 4.
- Now Combine Both ID’s & Paste The ID. Example:
- Copy Device ID And IMEI Number Of LG Stylo 4 & Paste It To LG Developer Website. Go To LG Developer Website >> Scroll Down >> And Click On “Start Unlocking the Bootloader” >> Here You Have To Fill Your Phones Account Details & Paste “Device ID” & “IMEI number”.
- After That Click On Confirm Button. Once You Confirm You Will Get An Email From LG Along With A File “unlock.bin” File. Just Download It
- Now On Command Prompt Type The Following Command:
fastboot flash unlock unlock.bin
- Hit Enter >> Now Again Type Last Command:
- That’s It Your Device Will Reboot & You Have Successfully Unlocked Bootloader Of LG Stylo 4.
Final Words: So, this is all about How To Unlock Bootloader Of LG Stylo 4. I have shown you the easiest method to Unlock Bootloader Of LG Stylo 4. I hope this method worked on your phone. If you want to ask any questions related to Unlock Bootloader then make sure to comment down below. We would love to hear from you!