Unlock Bootloader Of LG V40 ThinQ
Do you want to know How To Unlock Bootloader Of LG V40 ThinQ then you are at the right place? Today in this article I will guide you step-by-step on How To Unlock Bootloader Of LG V40 ThinQ. I have shown you the easiest method to unlock the bootloader.
About LG V40 ThinQ
This LG V40 is having a 6.4 Inch P-OLED Screen which is a Full HD+ Screen in the 19.5:9 Aspect Ratio which is protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 5. LG V40 ThinQ is powered by the Qualcomm SDM845 Snapdragon 845 chipset which is an octa-core processor and it comes with Adreno 630 GPU. It has 6GB of RAM and 64GB of Internal Storage. It’s a dual-SIM device with a Hybrid micro SD card slot. Moving to the OS this device runs on LG UX 7.0+ based on Android 8.1 Oreo.
On talking about the camera this device comes with Tripple Rear Facing Camera Setup 12MP at f/1.5 Aperture Standard Lens + 12MP at f/2.4 For Telephoto + 16MP at f/1.9 For Ultra Wide Angle Lens. Moving to the front facing camera it’s again a dual camera 8MP at f/1.9 + 5Mp at f/2.2 Aperture (Wide Lens), we also have a fingerprint scanner, and face unlocking feature and it comes with Non-removable Li-Po 3300 mAh battery.
Why To Unlock Bootloader
The bootloader is usually locked on an Android device the manufacturer wants you to stick to their Android Version, OS Version specifically designed for your phone.
Once you Unlock Bootloader of your phone you can Customize Your Phone, Install Custom ROM, Custom Kernel for your Android Device.
The bootloader is a very useful feature which will allow you to Install Custom Recoveries, Root Your Device. Also if you are a Custom Rom lover then in order to install custom ROM you have to unlock the bootloader of your device.
Also Read: Install Custom ROM On LG V40 ThinQ
Let’s Unlock Bootloader Of LG V40 ThinQ
But before we proceed to Unlock Bootloader Of LG V40 ThinQ. let me explain you the Advantages & Disadvantages of Unlocking Bootloader Of LG V40 ThinQ.
Advantages Of Unlocking Bootloader Of LG V40 ThinQ
- You can Install Custom ROM’s once you unlock the bootloader
- After Unlocking Bootloader you can Root your phone
- You can easily Install TWRP Recovery & CWM Recovery on your phone
- Install Custom Kernel to increase your phone performance
- You will be able to Remove Pre Installed Bloatware
Also Read: Root LG V40 ThinQ
Disadvantages Of Unlocking Bootloader Of LG V40 ThinQ
- Once you unlock your phone bootloader your Phone Warranty will be Void
- You might face Problems With OTA Updates
- While Rooting Or Installing Custom ROM you might get Stuck Into Boot Loop
Steps To Unlock Bootloader Of LG V40 ThinQ
- First Off We Need To Enable Developer Options For That Go To Settings >> About Phone >> Now Tap On Build Number 6-7 Times
- Now Go Back >> Go To Advanced Settings >> Developer Options >> And Enable OEM Unlock Option
- Once Done You Have To Setup ADB & Fastboot On Your PC From Here Download ADB.
Steps To Install ADB Fastboot Drivers On Your PC :
1. Launch it & Allow All The Required Administrator Permissions.
2. After That Click Yes to install ADB and Fastboot.
3. Press Yes to install ADB system wide or No for the current user only
4. Click Yes to install Drivers or No to skip
5. Continue the Driver installation
6. 15 seconds passed – it will finish the process
- Once You Successfully Install ADB & Fastboot Drivers. Now Its Time To Take Backup Of Your Files. So, To Do That Follow These Steps:
Go To “Settings” >> Tap On “Backup And Reset”.
Now You Have To Check Both “Back Up My Data” And “Automatic Restore” Options. Then, Tap On “Backup Account” >> Add Your Google account.
Again Go To “Settings” >> Tap On “Google” Under “ACCOUNTS” Section. Choose Your Android data Which You Want To Be Synced.
- Now You Need IMEI Number Of Your Phone. “Dial *#06# To Get IMEI Number Of LG V40 ThinQ”
- After That Connect Your LG V40 ThinQ Device To PC/Laptop.
- Open Command Prompt And Type The Following Command
adb reboot bootloader
- Now We Have To Get The Device Id For That Type The Following Command
fastboot oem device-id
- After That You, Will See This Message. Example:
$ fastboot oem device id
( bootloader )—————————————————
( bootloader ) Device ID.
( bootloader ) CJM58B679A38P6B613ED918F27D05E013
( bootloader ) F93190ND558261DBAC4484E8EF8789B1
( bootloader )—————————————————
- We Need Device ID To Get The Unique Unlock ID For LG V40 ThinQ.
- Now Combine Both ID’s & Paste The ID. Example:
- Copy Device ID And IMEI Number Of LG V40 ThinQ & Paste It To LG Developer Website. Go To LG Developer Website >> Scroll Down >> And Click On “Start Unlocking the Bootloader” >> Here You Have To Fill Your Phones Account Details & Paste “Device ID” & “IMEI number”.
- After That Click On Confirm Button. Once You Confirm You Will Get An Email From LG Along With A File “unlock.bin” File. Just Download It
- Now On Command Prompt Type The Following Command:
fastboot flash unlock unlock.bin
- Hit Enter >> Now Again Type Last Command:
- That’s It Your Device Will Reboot & You Have Successfully Unlocked Bootloader Of LG V40 ThinQ.
Note: This article is under development as LG V40 ThinQ is a newly launched smartphone by LG. so, there are more steps needed to Unlock Bootloader Of LG V40 ThinQ. This development is awaiting confirmation.
Final Words: So, this is all about How To Unlock Bootloader Of LG V40 ThinQ. I have shown you the easiest method to Unlock Bootloader Of LG V40 ThinQ. I hope this method worked on your phone. If you want to ask any questions related to Unlock Bootloader then make sure to comment down below. We would love to hear from you!