In this guide, I will show you step by step how to Unlock Bootloader on Samsung Galaxy A7 2018. You can easily unlock this device by following this guide. I have tried to keep it simple and straightforward so that anyone with basic knowledge can apply the shown steps.
Make sure to read this guide till the end. You will see some Notes and Warnings in between the steps. So, reading the complete guide will prevent errors. However, Unlocking your phone’s Bootloader totally depends on your needs.
The bootloader unlocking process will wipe all data on internal storage. So, make sure to backup your important data! The data can not be recovered. You can follow this guide – Backup Android Completely.
About Samsung Galaxy A7 2018
The Galaxy A7 2018 is the newly launched smartphone. It has some great features. Here is some Key Specification of Galaxy A7 2018:
- This phone comes with a 6 Inches Full HD+ 1080 x 2220 pixels Super AMOLED Display.
- Galaxy A7 2018 is powered by the Exynos 7885, which is an Octa-Core CPU.
- It has 6 GB of RAM and 128 GB of Internal Storage.
- Moving to the OS, this device runs on One UI on top of Android 10 (Q) upgradable.
- Camera – It has a Triple Rear-facing Camera of 24 MP + 8 MP + 5 MP and 24 MP Selfie camera.
- Sensors – This phone supports Fingerprint (side-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity and compass sensors.
- Moving to the battery, it has a Non-removable Li-Po 3300 mAh battery.
// Source: GSMArena
Why is Bootloader?
The bootloader in android is software that performs various hardware checks when your phone starts up. It is responsible for which program to initialize on your device to make the device run.
The bootloader is usually locked on an Android device; the manufacturer wants you to stick to their Android Version, OS Version specifically designed for your phone.
Once you Unlock the Bootloader of your phone, you can Root your device, Install Custom ROM, Custom Recovery, Mods, etc. The bootloader is a handy feature that will allow you to do advanced stuff with your android.
Also, if you are a Custom Rom lover, then to install custom ROM you have to unlock the bootloader of your device.
But before we proceed to the unlocking process. Let me explain to you the Advantages & Disadvantages of Unlocking Bootloader.
- Take the full backup of your android.
- Fully Charge your smartphone to prevent errors.
- This guide is only for Samsung Galaxy A7 2018. Do not try it on any other android devices.
Steps to Unlock Bootloader on Samsung Galaxy A7 2018
As you know, the unlocking process requires a complicated process, but on Samsung devices, it’s straightforward. You can easily unlock your device by following the below steps.
Step 1: Enable the Developer Option on Samsung Galaxy A7 2018.
- To do this, go to Settings → About → Software Information → More.
- Tap on Build Number 7-8 times until you see a message “Developer option enabled.”
Step 2: Enable USB Debugging, OEM Unlocking, and Developer option.
- Now go back to Settings → Developer Options → Enable USB Debugging as well as OEM unlocking.
Step 3: Unlock Bootloader on your Galaxy A7 2018.
- To unlock the bootloader on your Galaxy A7 2018, turn off your phone.
- Press and hold Volume Down + Volume Up keys together, then while pressing these keys connecting the phone to PC with USB Cable Data, release all keys when Download Mode appears.
- Now long-press the Volume Up button to unlock the bootloader.
- Again press Volume Up key to confirm the unlocking.
- Congrats! You have successfully Unlocked the Bootloader on Samsung Galaxy A7 2018.
Furthermore, you can Install TWRP Recovery and Root Galaxy A7 2018 using Magisk. Check out the related article; we have shared more guides on Galaxy A7 2018.
Wrapping Up –
So, this is all about how to Unlock Bootloader on Samsung Galaxy A7 2018. I have shown you the easiest method to Unlock this smartphone. The method that I have shown you is the universal way of unlocking the bootloader on Samsung phones.
I hope this method worked on your device. If you want to ask any questions related to the guide, please comment down below. We would love to hear from you!