- 1 Unlock Bootloader Of Sony Xperia XZ3
- 2 About Sony Xperia XZ3
- 3 Why To Unlock Bootloader
- 4 Steps To Unlock Bootloader On Sony Xperia XZ3
Unlock Bootloader Of Sony Xperia XZ3
Do you want to know How To Unlock Bootloader Of Sony Xperia XZ3 then you are at the right place? Today in this article I will guide you step-by-step on How To Unlock Bootloader Of Sony Xperia XZ3. I have shown you the easiest method to unlock the bootloader.
About Sony Xperia XZ3
This Sony Xperia XZ3 is having a 6.0 Inch 1440 x 2880 pixels Full HD+ IPS P-OLED capacitive touchscreen display which is protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 5. Sony Xperia XZ3 is powered by the Qualcomm SDM845 Snapdragon 845 (10 nm) which is an octa-core processor. It has 6/4GB of RAM and 64GB of Internal Storage. It’s a dual-SIM device with a dedicated micro SD card slot. Moving to the OS this device runs on Android 9.0 (Pie).
On talking about the camera it has a rear-facing camera of 19MP and the front-facing camera is a 13MP shooter and moving to the battery it has a Non-removable Li-Ion 3300 mAh battery which supports Fast charging (Qi wireless charging). We also have a Fingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, barometer, compass, color spectrum sensors.
Related Article: How To Root Sony Xperia XZ3
Why To Unlock Bootloader
The bootloader is usually locked on an Android device the manufacturer wants you to stick to their Android Version, OS Version specifically designed for your phone.
Once you Unlock Bootloader of your phone you can Customize Your Phone, Install Custom ROM, Custom Kernel for your Android Device.
The bootloader is a very useful feature which will allow you to Install Custom Recoveries, Root Your Device. Also if you are a Custom Rom lover then in order to install custom ROM you have to unlock the bootloader of your device.
But before we proceed to Unlock Bootloader Of Sony Xperia XZ3. Let me explain to you the Advantages & Disadvantages of Unlocking Bootloader Of Sony Xperia XZ3.
Advantages Of Unlocking Bootloader Of Sony Xperia XZ3
- You can Install Custom ROM’s once you unlock the bootloader
- After Unlocking Bootloader you can Root your phone
- You can easily Install TWRP Recovery & CWM Recovery on your phone
- Install a Custom Kernel to increase your phone performance
- You will be able to Remove Pre Installed Bloatware
Disadvantages Of Unlocking Bootloader Of Sony Xperia XZ3
- Once you unlock your phone bootloader your Phone Warranty will be Void
- You might face Problems With OTA Updates
- While Rooting Or Installing Custom ROM you might get Stuck Into Boot Loop
Pre-Requirements Before Your Unlock The Bootloader
- You Need A PC/ Laptop To Unlock The Bootloader
- Make Sure Setup ADB And Fastboot On Windows (Important Step)
- Charge Your Phone To 100% Or Minimum 75%
- Take Complete Backup Of Your Phone
- This Guide Is Only For H9436 and H9493 Models Do Not Try This Method On Other Devices
Steps To Unlock Bootloader On Sony Xperia XZ3
Step 1: First Off Check Wheather Your Device Is Allowed To Unlock The Bootloader.
- Go To Your Phone Dialer >> And Dial This USSD Code*#*#7378423#*#* To Access The Service Menu Options
- Next Tap On Service info >> Configuration >> Rooting Status. Now Check Bootloader Unlock Allowed Says “Yes” That Means You Can Unlock The Bootloader Of Your Phone
- If It Says “No”/ “Missing”, That Means Your Device Bootloader Cannot Be Unlocked.
Step 2: Now Go To Sony Official Unlock Bootloader Page – Click Here
Step 3: Next Scroll Down & Select Your Device Model >> And Click On Continue
Step 4: Now Register With Your Email ID
Step 5: You Will Receive A Confirmation Email >> Open The Email >> And “Click here to proceed”
Step 6: Once Done You Will Be On Sony Unlock Page. There You Will Be Asked For Phone “IMEI Number”. Type In Your Phone “IMEI Number” Inside That Box.
Step 7: Now You Will Get A Unlock Code. Just Copy That Code To Notepad
Do These Steps On Your Phone
Step 8: Now We Need To Enable Developer Options For That Go To Settings >> About Phone >> Now Tap On Build Number 6-7 Times
- Go Back >> Go To Advanced Settings >> Developer Options
- Enable OEM Unlock Option
Note: Try This Method With Your Own Risk MyPhoneUpdate Is Not Responsible For Any Damage To Your Phone
Do These Steps On Your PC/ Laptop
Step 2: Now Setup ADB And Fastboot On Windows (Important Step)
Step 3: Once Done Go To Platform Tools Folder >> Type “cmd” In The Address Bar & Press Enter To Open Command Prompt
Step 4: Boot Your Phone Into Fastboot Mode
- Power Off Your Phone >> Now Press & Hold Volume Up + Power Button Together Till You See Boot Logo
Step 5: Once Done Now Connect Your Sony Xperia XZ3 To PC/ Laptop Using USB Cable.
Step 6: Now On Command Window Type The Following Command
adb reboot bootloader
- Hit Enter, Now To Unlock Bootloader Type The Following Command
fastboot -i 0x0fce oem unlock .......
(Replace ……. With Unlock Code) You, Will, Get Your Unlock Code On Your Mail. Hit Enter
Step 7: That’s It 🙂 You Have Successfully Unlocked The Bootloader Of Sony Xperia XZ3. Now you can Flash SuperSu, Custom ROM, TWRP Recovery, & Custom Kernel.
Final Words: So, this is all about How To Unlock Bootloader On Sony Xperia XZ3. I have shown you the easiest method to Unlock Bootloader Of Sony Xperia XZ3. I hope this method worked on your phone. If you want to ask any questions related to Unlock Bootloader then make sure to comment down below. We would love to hear from you!