Unlock Bootloader On Redmi 8A
Do you want to know How To Unlock Bootloader Of Redmi 8A then you are at the right place? Today in this article I will guide you step-by-step on How To Unlock Bootloader On Redmi 8A. I have shown you the easiest method to unlock the bootloader.
About Redmi 8A
This Redmi 8A is the newly launched device by Xiaomi. It has some great features, Here is some Key Specification of Redmi 8A:
- This phone comes with a 6.22 Inches HD+ 720 x 1520 pixels IPS LCD Display which is protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- Redmi 8A is powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 439 which is an Octa-Core CPU
- It has 2 GB of RAM and 32 GB of Internal Storage which can be expanded Up to 512 GB
- Moving to the OS this device runs on MIUI 10 top of Android 9.0 (Pie)
- Camera – It has a Rear-Facing Camera of 12 MP and the Front-Facing camera is an 8 MP shooter
- Moving to the battery it has a Non-removable Li-Polymer 5000 mAh battery and it also supports Quick Charging
- Sensors: It has all the required sensors Light sensor, Proximity sensor, Accelerometer, Compass.
Why To Unlock Bootloader
The bootloader is usually locked on an Android device the manufacturer wants you to stick to their Android Version, OS Version specifically designed for your phone.
Once you Unlock Bootloader of your phone you can Customize Your Phone, Install Custom ROM, Custom Kernel for your Android Device.
But before we proceed to Unlocking process. Let me explain to you the Advantages & Disadvantages of Unlocking Bootloader.
Related Article: Install Custom ROM On Redmi 8A
Advantages Of Unlocking Bootloader
- Install Custom ROM’s Once You Unlock The Bootloader
- After Unlocking Bootloader You Can Root Redmi 8A
- You Can Easily Install TWRP Recovery On Redmi 8A
- Increase Your Phone Performance
Disadvantages Of Unlocking Bootloader
- Once You Unlock Your Phone Warranty Will Be Void
- You Might Face Problems With OTA Updates
- While Rooting Or Installing Custom ROM You Might Get Stuck Into Boot Loop
Pre-Requirements Before Your Unlock The Bootloader
- You Need A PC/ Laptop To Unlock The Bootloader
- Make Sure To Setup ADB And Fastboot On Windows (Important Step)
- Charge Your Phone To 100% Or Minimum 75%
- Easily Take Complete Backup Of Your Android
- This Guide Is Only Redmi 8A Do Not Try This Method On Other Devices
Steps To Unlock Bootloader On Redmi 8A
1.) First Off We Need To Enable USB Debugging, Follow The Steps
- Go To Settings >> About Phone >> Tap Build Number 6-7 Times
- Now Go Back You Can A New Option “Developer Options”
- Go To Developer Options >> Now Enable OEM Unlocking Option >> Scroll Down And Enable USB Debugging
2.) These Steps We Have To Do It On PC
- Now Install ADB Drivers On Your PC (On Required Section I Have Given A Detailed Guide To Install ADB Drivers On Your PC)
- After You Have Done >> Open ADB folder (It Will Be Located On Your Windows C Drive)
3.) Now Connect Your Phone To PC With Type-C USB Cable
4.) Next Let The Phone Connected To PC & Boot Your Phone To Fastboot Mode, Follow The Steps
- To-Do That Press & Hold Volume Up + Power button For 5-6 Seconds
- After That You, Will See A Bunny Logo That Means You Are In Fastboot Mode
5.) Come Back To Your PC And Open ADB folder >> Press Shift + Right Click From Your Keyboard And Click Open Command Prompt Window Here / Powershell Window Here.
6.) Now Type The Following Commands
- Hit Enter, Now Type
fastboot oem unlock
- Hit Enter, Now Type
7.) Now Your Phone Will Reboot, It Will Take Some Time To Reboot
8.) That’s It 🙂 You Have Successfully Unlock Bootloader On Redmi 8A
Related Article: How To Unroot Redmi 8A
Final Words: So, this is all about How To Unlock Bootloader On Redmi 8A. I hope this method worked on your Redmi 8A smartphone.
If you want to ask any questions related to Unlock Bootloader then make sure to comment down below. We would love to hear from you!
10 thoughts on “How To Unlock Bootloader On Redmi 8A – Mi Official”
It says I have to wait 159 hrs ;(
Yes, you have to wait. This happens sometimes.
My Remit 8A can’t enable OEM unlock.
In the Developer Options >> the Enable OEM Unlocking Option has been blocked. How can I enable it? Thank you
Dear friend,” I have the Xiaomi Redmi 8a and want to unlock and then root my phone.
My question is,” somebody wrote he has to wait 159 hrs and then you answer “YES you have to wait.This happen sometimes.What do you mean ? Do you mean after unlocking the phone you could get waiting message to wait for 159 hrs? Thank you very much for making this steps to unlock,”but now I am stocked with your answer and I wonder why before starting to unlock my phone.
There is no way other than waiting.
Thank you for the fast reply.
Last question , can I still use my phone during the waiting time ?
Yes I have the same question
Did not work for me. I had to use other method.
Method is Xiaomi_Mi-UnlockTool_3.5.1030.37
This method work for me and I think it will work for others
Thanks, it’s working I have tried it on my phone.
Glad to hear that.