Unlock Bootloader Of Redmi 8
Do you want to know How To Unlock Bootloader Of Redmi 8 then you are at the right place? Today in this article I will guide you step-by-step on How To Unlock Bootloader Of Redmi 8. I have shown you the easiest method to unlock the bootloader.
Make sure to read this guide till the end because there are some Notes and Warnings in between the steps. So, reading the complete guide will prevent errors. However, Unlocking your phone’s Bootloader totally depends on your needs.
Note: Use These Methods With Your Own Risk! MyPhoneUpdate is not responsible for any damage to your phone.
About Redmi 8
Redmi 8 is having a 6.26 Inch 720 x 1520 pixels IPS LCD, which is protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 5. The display of Redmi 8 comes with a waterdrop notch up-top and a thick bottom bezel that holds the Redmi branding. It has p2i coating on top for dust/ water protection.
Redmi 8 is powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 439 chipset, which is an Octa-Core CPU.
It has 4 GB of RAM and 64 GB of Internal Storage. It’s a dual-SIM device with a dedicated micro SD card slot. Moving to the OS, this device runs on MIUI 9 based on Android 9.0 (Pie).
On talking about the camera, it has a Dual Rear-Facing Camera of 12 MP (Primary Sensor) + 2 MP (Depth Sensor). The Front-Facing Camera is an 8 MP shooter and moving to the battery, and it has a massive 5000 mAh battery as compared to the 4,000 mAh battery pack on its predecessor.
It supports 18W Fast battery charging via USB-C, which is excellent, but you will need to buy the fast charger.
We also have a Fingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, proximity, compass sensor. The phone comes in three colours variant Black, Blue, Red.
Related Article: How To Root Redmi 8
Why Unlock Bootloader?
The bootloader is usually locked on an Android device the manufacturer wants you to stick to their Android Version, OS Version specifically designed for your phone.
Once you Unlock Bootloader of your phone you can Customize Your Phone, Install Custom ROM, Custom Kernel for your Android Device.
The bootloader is a very useful feature that will allow you to Install Custom Recoveries, Root Your Device. Also if you are a Custom Rom lover then in order to install custom ROM you have to unlock the bootloader of your device.
But before we proceed to Unlock Bootloader Of Redmi 8. Let me explain to you the Advantages & Disadvantages of Unlocking the Bootloader Of Redmi 8.
Advantages Of Unlocking Bootloader Of Redmi 8
- You can Install Custom ROM’s once you unlock the bootloader
- After Unlocking Bootloader you can Root your phone
- You can easily Install TWRP Recovery & CWM Recovery on your phone
- Install a Custom Kernel to increase your phone performance
- You will be able to Remove Pre Installed Bloatware
Disadvantages Of Unlocking Bootloader Of Redmi 8
- Once you unlock your phone bootloader your Phone Warranty will be Void
- You might face Problems With OTA Updates
- While Rooting Or Installing Custom ROM you might get Stuck Into Boot Loop
Pre-Requirements Before Your Unlock The Bootloader
- You Need A PC/ Laptop To Unlock The Bootloader
- Make Sure Setup ADB And Fastboot On Windows (Important Step)
- Charge Your Phone To 100% Or Minimum 75%
- Take Complete Backup Of Your Phone
- This Guide Is Only For Redmi 8 Do Not Try This Method On Other Devices
Steps To Unlock Bootloader On Redmi 8
1.) First Off We Need To Enable USB Debugging, Follow The Steps
- Go To Settings >> About Phone >> Tap Build Number 6-7 Times
- Now Go Back You Can A New Option “Developer Options”
- Go To Developer Options >> Now Enable OEM Unlocking Option >> Scroll Down And Enable USB Debugging
2.) These Steps We Have To Do It On PC
- Now Install ADB Drivers On Your PC (On Required Section I Have Given A Detailed Guide To Install ADB Drivers On Your PC)
- After You Have Done >> Open ADB folder (It Will Be Located On Your Windows C Drive)
3.) Now Connect Your Phone To PC With Type-C USB Cable
4.) Next Let The Phone Connected To PC & Boot Your Phone To Fastboot Mode, Follow The Steps
- To-Do That Press & Hold Volume Up + Power button For 5-6 Seconds
- After That You, Will See A Bunny Logo That Means You Are In Fastboot Mode
5.) Come Back To Your PC And Open ADB folder >> Press Shift + Right Click From Your Keyboard And Click Open Command Prompt Window Here / Powershell Window Here.
6.) Now Type The Following Commands
- Hit Enter, Now Type
fastboot oem unlock
- Hit Enter, Now Type
7.) Now Your Phone Will Reboot, It Will Take Some Time To Reboot
8.) That’s It 🙂 You Have Successfully Unlock Bootloader On Redmi 8
Final Words: So, this is all about How To Unlock Bootloader On Redmi 8. I have shown you the easiest method to Unlock Bootloader Of Redmi 8. I hope this method worked on your phone. If you want to ask any questions related to Unlock Bootloader then make sure to comment down below. We would love to hear from you!