In this guide, I will show you step by step how to Unlock Bootloader on Samsung Galaxy M02. You can easily unlock this device by following this guide. I have tried to keep it simple and straightforward so that anyone with basic knowledge can apply the shown steps.
Make sure to read this guide till the end. You will see some Notes and Warnings in between the steps. So, reading the complete guide will prevent errors. However, Unlocking your phone’s Bootloader totally depends on your needs.
The bootloader unlocking process will wipe all data on internal storage. So, make sure to backup your important data! The data can not be recovered. You can follow this guide – Backup Android Completely.
About Samsung Galaxy M02
The Samsung Galaxy M02 is the newly launched smartphone. It has some great features. Here is some Key Specification of Samsung Galaxy M02:
- This phone comes with a 5.7 Inches HD+ 720 x 1520 pixels IPS LCD Display.
- Samsung Galaxy M02 is powered by Snapdragon 450, which is an Octa-Core CPU.
- It has 3 GB of RAM and 32 GB of Internal Storage.
- Moving to the OS, this device runs on One UI on top of Android 10.
- Camera – It has a Single Rear-facing Camera of 13 MP and an 8 MP Selfie camera.
- Moving to the battery, it has a Non-removable Li-Po 3500 mAh battery.
// Source: GadgetsNow
Why Unlock Bootloader?
The bootloader in android is software that performs various hardware checks when your phone starts up. It is responsible for which program to initialize on your device to make the device run.
The bootloader is usually locked on an Android device; the manufacturer wants you to stick to their Android Version, OS Version specifically designed for your phone.
Once you Unlock the Bootloader of your phone, you can Root your device, Install Custom ROM, Custom Recovery, Mods, etc. The bootloader is a handy feature that will allow you to do advanced stuff with your android.
Also, if you are a Custom Rom lover, then to install custom ROM you have to unlock the bootloader of your device.
But before we proceed to the unlocking process. Let me explain to you the Advantages & Disadvantages of Unlocking Bootloader.
- Take the full backup of your android.
- Fully Charge your smartphone to prevent errors.
- This guide is only for Samsung Galaxy M02. Do not try it on any other android devices.
Steps to Unlock Bootloader on Samsung Galaxy M02
As you know, the unlocking process requires a complicated process, but on Samsung devices, it’s straightforward. You can easily unlock your device by following the below steps.
Step 1: Enable the Developer Option on Samsung Galaxy M02.
- To do this, go to Settings → About → Software Information → More.
- Tap on Build Number 7-8 times until you see a message “Developer option enabled.”
Step 2: Enable USB Debugging, OEM Unlocking, and Developer option.
- Now go back to Settings → Developer Options → Enable USB Debugging as well as OEM unlocking.
Step 3: Unlock Bootloader on your Samsung Galaxy M02.
- To unlock the bootloader on your Samsung Galaxy M02, turn off your phone.
- Press and hold
Volume Down + Volume Upkeys together, then while pressing these keys connecting the phone to PC with USB Cable Data, release all keys when Download Mode appears.
- Now long-press the Volume Up button to unlock the bootloader.
- Again press Volume Up key to confirm the unlocking.
- Congrats! You have successfully Unlocked the Bootloader on Samsung Galaxy M02.
Furthermore, you can Install TWRP Recovery and Root Samsung Galaxy M02 using Magisk. Check out the related article; we have shared more guides on Samsung Galaxy M02.
Wrapping Up –
So, this is all about how to Unlock Bootloader on Samsung Galaxy M02. I have shown you the easiest method to Unlock this smartphone. The method that I have shown you is the universal way of unlocking the bootloader on Samsung phones.
I hope this method worked on your device. If you want to ask any questions related to the guide, please comment down below. We would love to hear from you!