Unlock Bootloader Of Sony Xperia 10
Do you want to know How To Unlock Bootloader Of Sony Xperia 10 then you are at the right place? Today in this article I will guide you step-by-step on How To Unlock Bootloader Of Sony Xperia 10. I have shown you the easiest method to unlock the bootloader.
About Sony Xperia 10
This Sony Xperia 10 is the newly launched device by Sony. It has some great features, Here is some Key Specification of Sony Xperia 10:
- This phone comes with a 6 Inches IPS LCD Display which is protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- Sony Xperia 10 is powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 630 which is an Octa-Core CPU
- It has 3GB of RAM and 64GB of Internal Storage
- Moving to the OS this device runs on Android 9.0 (Pie)
- Camera – It has a Dual Rear-Facing Camera of 12MP + 5MP and the Front-Facing camera is an 8MP shooter
- Moving to the battery it has a Non-removable Li-Ion 2870 mAh battery.
Why To Unlock Bootloader
The bootloader is usually locked on an Android device the manufacturer wants you to stick to their Android Version, OS Version specifically designed for your phone.
Once you Unlock Bootloader of your phone you can Customize Your Phone, Install Custom ROM, Custom Kernel for your Android Device.
But before we proceed to Unlocking process. Let me explain to you the Advantages & Disadvantages of Unlocking Bootloader.
Related Article: Install Custom ROM On Sony Xperia 10
Advantages Of Unlocking Bootloader
- Install Custom ROM’s Once You Unlock The Bootloader
- After Unlocking Bootloader You Can Root Sony Xperia 10
- You Can Easily Install TWRP Recovery On Sony Xperia 10
- Increase Your Phone Performance
Disadvantages Of Unlocking Bootloader
- Once You Unlock Your Phone Warranty Will Be Void
- You Might Face Problems With OTA Updates
- While Rooting Or Installing Custom ROM You Might Get Stuck Into Boot Loop
Pre-Requirements Before Your Unlock The Bootloader
- You Need A PC/ Laptop To Unlock The Bootloader
- Make Sure To Setup ADB And Fastboot On Windows (Important Step)
- Charge Your Phone To 100% Or Minimum 75%
- Easily Take Complete Backup Of Your Android
- This Guide Is Only Sony Xperia 10 Do Not Try This Method On Other Devices
Steps To Unlock Bootloader On Sony Xperia 10
1.) First Off Check Wheather Sony Xperia 10 Is Allowed To Unlock The Bootloader.
- Go To Your Phone Dialer >> And Dial This USSD Code*#*#7378423#*#* To Access The Service Menu Options
- Next Tap On Service info >> Configuration >> Rooting Status
- If It Says “No”/ “Missing”, That Means Your Device Bootloader Cannot Be Unlocked.
2.) Now Go To Sony Official Unlock Bootloader Page – Click Here
3.) Scroll Down & Select Your Device Model (Sony Xperia 10) >> And Click On Continue
4.) Now Register With Your Gmail ID
5.) You, Will, Receive A Confirmation Email >> Open The Email >> And “Click here to proceed”
6.) Once Done You Will Be On Sony Unlock Page. There You Will Be Asked For Phone “IMEI Number”. Type In Your Phone “IMEI Number” Inside That Box.
7.) Now You Will Get A Unlock Code. Just Copy That Code To Notepad
Do These Steps On Your Phone
8.) Next, Enable Developer Options For That Go To Settings >> About Phone >> Now Tap On Build Number 6-7 Times
- Go Back >> Go To Advanced Settings >> Developer Options
- Enable OEM Unlock Option
Do These Steps On Your PC/ Laptop
9.) Go To Platform Tools Folder >> Type “cmd” In The Address Bar & Press Enter To Open Command Prompt
10.) Now Boot Your Phone Into Fastboot Mode
- Power Off Sony Xperia 10 >> Now Press & Hold Volume Up + Power Button Together Till You See Boot Logo
11.) Once Done Now Connect Your Sony Xperia 10 To PC/ Laptop Using USB Cable.
12.) In The Command Window Type The Following Commands
adb reboot bootloader
- Hit Enter, Now To Unlock Bootloader Type The Following Command
fastboot -i 0x0fce oem unlock .......
13.) That’s It 🙂 You Have Successfully Unlocked The Bootloader Of Sony Xperia 10
Related Article: How To Unroot Sony Xperia 10
Final Words: So, this is all about How To Unlock Bootloader On Sony Xperia 10. I hope this method worked on your Sony Xperia 10 smartphone.
If you want to ask any questions related to Unlock Bootloader then make sure to comment down below. We would love to hear from you!