Unlock Bootloader On Vivo S1
Do you want to know How To Unlock Bootloader On Vivo S1 then you are at the right place? Today in this article I will guide you step-by-step on How To Unlock Bootloader On Vivo S1. I have shown you the easiest method to unlock the bootloader.
About Vivo S1
This Vivo S1 is the newly launched device by Vivo. It has some great features, Here is some Key Specification of Vivo S1:
- This phone comes with a 6.38 Inches Full HD+ 1080 x 2340 pixels Super AMOLED Display which is protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- Vivo S1 is powered by the Mediatek MT6768 which is an Octa-Core CPU
- It has 4 GB of RAM and 128 GB of Internal Storage
- Moving to the OS this device runs on Android 9.0 (Pie) Funtouch 9
- Camera – It has a Triple Rear-Facing Camera of 16 MP + 8 MP + 5 MP and the Front-Facing camera is a 32 MP shooter
- Moving to the battery it has a Non-removable Li-Po 4500 mAh battery and it also supports Fast battery charging
- Sensors: It has the following Fingerprint (under display), accelerometer, proximity, and compass sensors.
Why To Unlock Bootloader
The bootloader is usually locked on an Android device the manufacturer wants you to stick to their Android Version, OS Version specifically designed for your phone.
Once you Unlock Bootloader On your phone you can Customize Your Phone, Install Custom ROM, Custom Kernel for your Android Device.
But before we proceed to Unlocking process. Let me explain to you the Advantages & Disadvantages of Unlocking Bootloader.
Related Article: Install Custom ROM On Vivo S1
Advantages Of Unlocking Bootloader
- Install Custom ROM’s Once You Unlock The Bootloader
- After Unlocking Bootloader You Can Root Vivo S1
- You Can Easily Install TWRP Recovery On Vivo S1
- Increase Your Phone Performance
Disadvantages Of Unlocking Bootloader
- Once You Unlock Your Phone Warranty Will Be Void
- You Might Face Problems With OTA Updates
- While Rooting Or Installing Custom ROM You Might Get Stuck Into Boot Loop
Pre-Requirements Before Your Unlock The Bootloader
- You Need A PC/ Laptop To Unlock The Bootloader
- Make Sure To Setup ADB And Fastboot On Windows (Important Step)
- Charge Your Phone To 100% Or Minimum 75%
- Easily Take Complete Backup Of Your Android
- This Guide Is Only Vivo S1 Do Not Try This Method On Other Devices
Steps To Unlock Bootloader On Vivo S1
1.) First Off We Need To Enable Developer Options For That Go To Settings >> About Phone >> Now Tap On Build Number 6-7 Times
- Now Go Back >> Go To Advanced Settings >> Developer Options
- Enable OEM Unlock Option
Note: Try This Method With Your Own Risk MyPhoneUpdate Is Not Responsible For Any Damage To Your Phone
2.) Now Setup ADB And Fastboot On Windows (Important Step)
3.) Once Done Go To Platform Tools Folder >> Type “cmd” In The Address Bar & Press Enter To Open Command Prompt
4.) Boot Your Phone Into Fastboot Mode
- Power Off Your Phone >> Now Press & Hold Volume Up + Power Button Together Till You See Boot Logo
5.) Once Done Now Connect Your Vivo S1 To PC/ Laptop Using USB Cable.
6.) Now On Command Window Type The Following Command
- Hit Enter, You Will Get A Pop-Up On Your Phone Tap On “Always allow from this computer” And Hit Ok
- And Type The Following Command To Boot Into Bootloader Mode.
adb reboot bootloader
- Hit Enter, Now Type
- Hit Enter, You Must See A Random String. Now Type
fastboot bbk unlock_vivo
- Hit Enter, Now Type In The Last Command
7.) That’s It 🙂 You Have Successfully Unlocked The Bootloader Of Vivo S1.
Related Article: How To Unroot Vivo S1
Final Words: So, this is all about How To Unlock Bootloader On Vivo S1. I hope this method worked on your Vivo S1 smartphone.
If you want to ask any questions related to Unlock Bootloader then make sure to comment down below. We would love to hear from you!