- 1 Unlock Bootloader Of Redmi Y2 Using Mi Flash Tool
- 2 About Redmi Y2
- 3 Why To Unlock Bootloader
- 4 Let’s Unlock Bootloader Of Redmi Y2
- 5 Advantages Of Unlocking Bootloader Of Redmi Y2
- 6 Disadvantages Of Unlocking Bootloader Of Redmi Y2
- 7 Steps To Unlock Bootloader Of Redmi Y2 Using Mi Flash Tool
Unlock Bootloader Of Redmi Y2 Using Mi Flash Tool
Do you want to know How To Unlock Bootloader Of Redmi Y2 then you are at the right place? Today in this article I will guide you step-by-step on How To Unlock Bootloader Of Redmi Y2. I have shown you easiest method to Unlock Bootloader Of Redmi Y2. By following all the steps carefully you can easily able unlock the bootloader of your phone.
About Redmi Y2
This Redmi Y2 is having a 5.99 Inch IPS LCD Capacitive Display which is an HD Screen, Redmi Y2 is powered by the Qualcomm MSM8953 Snapdragon 625 Octa Core Processor which is clocked at 2.0 GHz. This phone comes with Android 8.1 (Oreo) out of the box. It has 4GB of RAM and 64GB of Storage.
On talking about Camera Redmi Y2 has Dual Rear Camera of 12 MP, f/2.2, 1.25μm, PDAF 5 MP, depth sensor and Front Camera of 16 MP. And this phone has a Battery Capacity of 3080 mAh which is a Non-removable Li-Po battery. Redmi Y2 was priced at 150 EUR.
Why To Unlock Bootloader
The bootloader is usually locked on an Android device the manufacturer wants you to stick to their Android Version, OS Version specifically designed for your phone. Once you Unlock Bootloader of your phone you can Customize Your Phone, Install Custom ROM, Custom Kernel for your Android Device. The bootloader is a very useful feature which will allow you to Install Custom Recoveries, Root Your Device. Also if you are a Custom Rom lover then in order to install custom ROM you have to unlock the bootloader of your device.
Also Read: Update Redmi Y2 To Android 9.0 P
Let’s Unlock Bootloader Of Redmi Y2
But before we proceed to Unlock Bootloader Of Redmi Y2. let me explain you the Advantages & Disadvantages of Unlocking Bootloader Of Redmi Y2.
Advantages Of Unlocking Bootloader Of Redmi Y2
- You can Install Custom ROM’s once you unlock the bootloader
- After Unlocking Bootloader you can Root your phone
- You can easily Install TWRP Recovery & CWM Recovery on your phone
- Install Custom Kernel to increase your phone performance
- You will be able to Remove Pre Installed Bloatware
Also Read: Root Redmi Y2
Disadvantages Of Unlocking Bootloader Of Redmi Y2
- Once you unlock your phone bootloader your Phone Warranty will be Void
- You might face Problems With OTA Updates
- While Rooting Or Installing Custom ROM you might get Stuck in Boot Loop
Steps To Unlock Bootloader Of Redmi Y2 Using Mi Flash Tool
- First Of We Need To Enable Developer Options For That Go To Settings >> About Phone >> Now Tap On MIUI Version 6-7 Times
- Now Go Back >> Go To Advanced Settings >> Developer Options >> Enable OEM Unlocking & Tap On Mi Unlock Status
These Things You Have To Do It On Your PC/ Laptop
- Go To This Link >> Then You Will See MIUI Page Tap On Unlock Now >> Now Fill The Form To Get The Permission From Xiaomi
- Once You Applied you will get an OTP sent to your phone, Enter that OTP on your PC >> Then Hit Next. So, this way your application gets submitted
- Now You Have To Wait Until You Get A Message On Your Phone Saying “You Are Eligible To Unlock The Bootloader”
Now Follow The Unlocking Procedure
- Once You Got The Message >> Next You Need To Download Mi Unlock Tool & Extract It
- After That Just Power Off The Device >> Now Press & Hold Volume Down + Power Button At The Same Time To Boot Into Fastboot Mode
- Once Your Are In Fastboot Mode >> Connect Your Phone To PC/Laptop
- Now Open Mi Unlock Tool From Your PC/Laptop
- Next Click On Agree & Next Enter Your Mi-Account Username, Password And Sign In
Use Same Mi Account Details Which You Already Login Into Your Phone To Unlock Bootloader
- Hit Next >> After That Tap On Unlock
- Once The Process Is Done Tap On Reboot
- That’s It 🙂 You Have Successfully Unlock Bootloader Of Redmi Y2
Final Words: So, this is all about How To Unlock Bootloader Of Redmi Y2. I have shown you the easiest method to Unlock Bootloader Of Redmi Y2. I hope this method worked on your phone. If you want to ask any questions related to Unlock Bootloader then make sure to comment down below. We would love to hear from you!
1 thought on “How To Unlock Bootloader Of Redmi Y2 Using Mi Flash Tool”
sir for emmc change in miy2 mobile will bootloader unlocked fileuseful without cpu change