- 1 Install Android P 9.0 On Redmi Note 5 Pro
- 2 Guide To Install Android P 9.0 On Redmi Note 5 Pro (Project Treble)
- 3 Step By Step Method To Install Android P 9.0 On Redmi Note 5 Pro
Install Android P 9.0 On Redmi Note 5 Pro
Do you want to Install Android P 9.0 On Redmi Note 5 Pro then just follow the steps, This is the full Guide To Install Android P On Redmi Note 5 Pro. This Guide will let you Install Android P On Your Redmi Note 5 Pro.
Talking about Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro it is the best budget smartphone of 2018, the phone offers you a lot more features that you mostly don’t get at this price point. Redmi Note 5 Pro is the successor of Redmi Note 4 which is again a successful device by Xiaomi. The phone has all the new features what you are seeing in 2018.
Whether it’s the Dual Camera setup or the bezel-less 18:9 screen this phone has it all. Redmi Note 5 Pro is powered by Snapdragon 636 which gives a smooth experience to users.
You will not feel any type of lag or something on this device this all because of Xiaomi’s own MIUI, on talking about the Ram Management this device handle’s it all.
The phone has 12MP + 5MP Dual Camera set up, the Dual Camera set up works very well for Taking Portrait Mode Photos. Redmi Note 5 Pro is currently working on Android 8.0 Oreo with MIUI. Now let’s see How To Install Android P 9.0 On Redmi Note 5 Pro.
Guide To Install Android P 9.0 On Redmi Note 5 Pro (Project Treble)
This is the Android P GSI which is Android Version 9.0 Developer Preview 4 On Redmi Note 5 Pro running super fine here, This is the stable Rom of Android P.
So, Right now on this built Camera, VOLTE, Fingerprint Scanner everything this working perfectly without any bug’s. So Let me quickly show you How to Install Android P 9.0 On Redmi Note 5 Pro.
- Install Android 9.0 Developer Preview 3 On Mi A1
- Install Android 8.0 On Any Android
- Install Android 9.0 P On Moto G5 Plus
Pre Requirements Before You Install Android P On Redmi Note 5 Pro
- You need to Unlock the Bootloader of your device
- TWRP Recovery is Must be installed on your device. Here is the guide to Install TWRP Recovery On Any Android Device
- Enable USB debugging: To enable USB Debugging Mode you just have to Go To About Phone > Now Tap on the MIUI version 8 Times until you get a popup message (Developer option enabled).
Now go back to setting > Additional Settings > Developer Options > And Enable OEM Unlock and USB Debugging.
[Note:- Make sure to take Full Backup of your device to a pc or somewhere else because with this method you have to format your data and everything will be wiped out from your device.]
Required Files To Flash the Developer Preview 4 of Android P On Redmi Note 5 Pro
So basically we need this DP_4 (Zip File) which is around the size of 1GB, we need to extract it so that we get the image file and we need the Post GSI_3 File and the Treble Pilot is the vendor image.
Step By Step Method To Install Android P 9.0 On Redmi Note 5 Pro
- First, you need to extract the DP_4 Zip, get the image file and you can just move or delete the zip file later on.
- After extracting the zip file you will get an image file. We have got all the 3 files that are Image File, Post GSI File, and the treble vendor image file.
- Now you just need to boot up the phone into TWRP Recovery
Again: Make sure to back up everything and do it on your own risk
- After you booted into TWRP Recovery Now go to > Wipe > Now select Advanced Wipe > then select Dalvik/ ART Cache, Cache, Data, System, and Vendor. (Also you can see the image below and select accordingly). Now select Swipe To Wipe.
- Now go back and Select Install, now we have to install the vendor image file first (Treble why) now select it and confirm to flash, Once its done go home.
- Now tap on Mount (make sure that Cache, Data System, Vendor, and Firmware is checked there, you need to keep checking this Mount thing now on throughout the installation and make sure those 5 things are checked every time)
- Now we have to flash the actual developer preview 4 image file, Go Home and Tap on Install Again, now tap on Install Image then select the Image File, and then flash it as System Image, Once it’s done check Mount again as all of these things are selected.
- Go to Install Again and flash only the post GSI_3 File, Now select it and Swipe to Confirm Flash now. Once it’s done and if you go back if you check Mount Now you will see that your system is Not Mounted So, you need to Mount it again [If you try to Format Now it will show you Failed don’t worry I got it covered]
- Now, all you need to do is Go To Home > Tap Reboot > And Select Recovery. Once you Reboot into recovery now simply Go To Wipe > Now Format Data > Type Yes and Hit Enter, Otherwise it will show you Failed (This is because if you don’t format it, it can’t access your storage because it gets encrypted)
- After you formatted the storage just tap on Reboot System and now wait for 5-10 minutes. Now you will see the Boot Animation Straight from Google. But it’s not over yet we need to do more stuff
- Once you greeted with Lock Screen simply power off the phone, Now boot into TWRP Recovery Again. (You will see this kind of message on to the screen but just select never show this and Swipe to allow modifications.
Now These Steps You Have To Do It On Your PC
Connect the phone with your pc via micro USB cable. You need to copy these 4 Files on your phone as you can see below:
- Google Play Service
- Camera 2 API
- Magisk 16.7
- Gesture Fix
[Note: Even after flashing Camera To API Portrait mode doesn’t work over here at least for me so it’s better to leave Camera To API but I’m not sure that it will work on your device or not]
- Once you copied these 4 Files on your Internal Storage of the phone, you can now simply remove the USB Cable
- Now Go to Install and Flash the Gesture Fix first (you will see an error because we have to mount again) So, Go To Mount > Mount System, Vendor, Firmware, Cache, and Dalvik.
- After that Flash Gesture Fix Again and you will not get any error, once its done
- Now, Flash the Magisk 16.7 Once Done. Go back and select Camera To API Zip, Now wipe Cache and Dalvik
- Now just Reboot System and That’s it All Done 🙂
Conclusion: Almost Everything is working fine on this Unofficial Developer Preview 4 of Android P. This is the only method we got to Install Android P 9.0 On Redmi Note 5 Pro because other methods required root access on your device that many of you don’t want.
So, this is all about Installing Android P 9.0 On Your Redmi Note 5 Pro. If you face any problems or errors while Installing feels free to comment down below I will definitely be solving your issues. Keep Updated With MyPhoneUpdate.com.
2 thoughts on “Install Android P 9.0 On Redmi Note 5 Pro (Project Treble)”
Thanks Milind Great Article I Have Just Updated My Redmi Note 5 Pro To Android P And Its Working Very Well. However VOLTE Is Not Working. If Any Fix Available Then Do Update Us.
Sure Sandeep i will update you whenever we get the fix for volte