Unlock Bootloader On Google Pixel 4
Do you want to know How To Unlock Bootloader Of Google Pixel 4, then you are at the right place? Today in this article, I will guide you step-by-step on How To Unlock Bootloader On Google Pixel 4. I have shown you the easiest method to unlock the bootloader.
About Google Pixel 4
Google Pixel 4 is the newly launched device by Google. It has some great features. Here is some Key Specification of Google Pixel 4:
- This phone comes with a 5.7 Inches Ful HD+ 1080 x 2160 pixels P-OLED Display which is protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 6
- Google Pixel 4 is powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 which is an Octa-Core CPU
- It has 6 GB of RAM and 128 GB of Internal Storage
- Moving to the OS this device runs Android 10
- Camera – It has a Dual Rear-Facing Camera of 12.2 MP + 16 MP and a Dual Front-Facing camera of 8 MP + TOF 3D camera
- Moving to the battery, it has a Non-removable Li-Po 2800 mAh battery which also supports Fast battery charging, USB Power Delivery 2.0, QI wireless charging
- Sensors: It has all the required sensors Face ID, accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, barometer.
Why Unlock Bootloader
The bootloader is usually locked on an Android device the manufacturer wants you to stick to their Android Version, OS Version specifically designed for your phone.
Once you Unlock Bootloader of your phone, you can Customize Your Phone, Install Custom ROM, Custom Kernel for your Android Device.
But before we proceed to the Unlocking process. Let me explain to you the Advantages & Disadvantages of Unlocking the Bootloader.
Related Article: Install Custom ROM On Google Pixel 4
Advantages Of Unlocking Bootloader
- Install Custom ROM’s Once You Unlock The Bootloader
- After Unlocking Bootloader You Can Root Google Pixel 4
- You Can Easily Install TWRP Recovery On Google Pixel 4
- Increase Your Phone Performance
Disadvantages Of Unlocking Bootloader
- Once You Unlock Your Phone Warranty Will Be Void
- You Might Face Problems With OTA Updates
- While Rooting Or Installing Custom ROM You Might Get Stuck Into Boot Loop
Pre-Requirements Before Your Unlock The Bootloader
- You Need A PC/ Laptop To Unlock The Bootloader
- Make Sure To Setup ADB And Fastboot On Windows (Important Step)
- Charge Your Phone To 100% Or Minimum 75%
- Easily Take Complete Backup Of Your Android
- This Guide Is Only Google Pixel 4 Do Not Try This Method On Other Devices
Steps To Unlock Bootloader On Google Pixel 4
1.) First Off We Need To Enable Developer Options For That Go To Settings >> About Phone >> Now Tap On Build Number 6-7 Times
- Now Go Back >> Go To Advanced Settings >> Developer Options
- Enable OEM Unlock Option
Note: Try This Method With Your Own Risk MyPhoneUpdate Is Not Responsible For Any Damage To Your Phone
2.) Now Setup ADB And Fastboot On Windows (Important Step)
3.) Once Done Go-To Platform Tools Folder >> Type “cmd” In The Address Bar & Press Enter To Open Command Prompt
4.) Boot Your Phone Into Fastboot Mode
- Power Off Your Phone >> Now Press & Hold Volume Up + Power Button Together Till You See Boot Logo
5.) Once Done Now Connect Your Google Pixel 4 To PC/ Laptop Using USB Cable.
6.) Now On-Command Window Type The Following Command
- And Type The Following Command To Boot Into Bootloader Mode.
adb reboot bootloader
- Hit Enter, Now Type
- Hit Enter, You Must See A Random String. Now Type
fastboot flashing unlock
- Hit Enter, Now Type In The Last Command
7.) That’s It 🙂 You Have Successfully Unlocked The Bootloader Of Google Pixel 4.
Related Article: How To Unroot Google Pixel 4
Final Words: So, this is all about How To Unlock Bootloader On Google Pixel 4. I hope this method worked on your Google Pixel 4 smartphone.
If you want to ask any questions related to Unlock Bootloader, then make sure to comment down below. We would love to hear from you!